What's more fuel efficient ?

I wonder if the "leave your heating on" brigade come from the same camp as the "dish washers are more efficient than washing up" brigade. There's so many factors involved that its impossible to generalise.

One of them being that it is unhygienic to wash dishes in a bowl of water, if you compared an energy efficient dishwasher with washing the dishes under a running tap I'm sure the result may surprise you.

I wonder if the "leave your heating on" brigade come from the same camp as the "dish washers are more efficient than washing up" brigade. There's so many factors involved that its impossible to generalise.

I often wonder about the "we never have the heating on" brigade, and the "he/she is our dishwasher" brigade. :huh:

One of them being that it is unhygienic to wash dishes in a bowl of water, if you compared an energy efficient dishwasher with washing the dishes under a running tap I'm sure the result may surprise you.

Well thus far I haven't got any kind of illness from washing my dishes in a bowl of water so I doubt your unhygienic claims. Age:31 Food poisoning incidents in life: 0. I'd therefore say sterilising your dishes in steam is an unnecessary waste of energy. I think its evident that washing the dishes in a bowl of water is arguably less hygienic but, nevertheless, hygienic enough.

Secondly, the result wouldn't surprise me because washing dishes under a running tap is very wasteful way of doing the washing up. As I said there are many factors involved.

Well thus far I haven't got any kind of illness from washing my dishes in a bowl of water. Age:31 Food poisoning incidents in life: 0. I'd therefore say sterilising your dishes in steam is an unnecessary waste of energy.

The result wouldn't surprise me because washing dishes under a running tap is very wasteful way of doing the washing up. As I said there are many factors involved.

Untill recentley (aged 27) I have never bought a dishwasher, but decided to invest in one and I have to say its such a nice convenience, I dont really care if its cheaper or more expensive on the bills I just know it saves me time :D

Well thus far I haven't got any kind of illness from washing my dishes in a bowl of water. Age:31 Food poisoning incidents in life: 0. I'd therefore say sterilising your dishes in steam is an unnecessary waste of energy.

The result wouldn't surprise me because washing dishes under a running tap is very wasteful way of doing the washing up. As I said there are many factors involved.

So you've never had the runs or been sick and who said that the dishes needed to be sterilised? When you wash the dishes in a bowl all you are doing is washing the bacteria from one dish to another.

So you've never had the runs or been sick and who said that the dishes needed to be sterilised? When you wash the dishes in a bowl all you are doing is washing the bacteria from one dish to another.

Why is that the case? You don't seem to understand how soap works.

Untill recentley (aged 27) I have never bought a dishwasher, but decided to invest in one and I have to say its such a nice convenience, I dont really care if its cheaper or more expensive on the bills I just know it saves me time :D

And I wish people would just say that rather than hiding behind a veil of environmental friendliness based on some dubious calculations.

Archived