Moving to Skegness area

We are hoping to move to Chapel St Leonards next year, as soon as our house sells. My other half is interested in jobs either in admin, environment or electronics. I know this is a Sheffield forum but I know there's a big connection between Sheffield and Skeggy so thought i would post on here, just in case! Does anyone know of any employment oppportunities in the above areas within the Skeggy/Boston/Mablethorpe regions?

Best of luck with your move. It is a lovely area.

I would think though, that most job opportunities would be seasonal jobs in the tourist industry.

Many campsites will need staff for the summer season, but I can't see them needing admin, environment or electronics.

Skeggy is by definition a tourist attraction.

Is there any reason you've chosen Chapel? You might be best choosing somewhere up or down coast nearer to Grimsby or Boston for a wider range of jobs.

But, definitely go for it. I live on the Wirral coast and its absolutely wonderful. Billy Bragg said something about how great it is to enjoy the beach and then wander home knowing its on your doorstep 24/7 but all the day trippers and tourists have to go back to their landlocked homes!

I moved from Sheff to South Ayrshire 4 years ago,and got a job within 3 months.It was completely different to what i used to do,but something i was always interested in.Something always crops up wherever you go,so keep an open mind and look at other opportunities in other industries.

I've just moved out to near Sleaford and still have to work in Sheffield because of the lack of oppurtunities in Lincolnshire. Its a lovely place to live but there's not a lot here job wise.

Your husband might have to commute a long way.

Tourism sounds promising but pay is poor and the work seasonal.

Also there are a lot of cheap labour out there.

Good luck.

Archived