Commuting to Darley Dale

Hi

On Monday I am starting work in Darley Dale and need to commute (by car) from Hillsborough.

For the job interview in the summer I went around Sheffield via Rivelin Valley Road, Lodge Lane, Blackbrook Road, Sheephill Road, A625, A623, B6012 through Chatsworth and A6 to Darley.

Does anyone know if this route is currently passable (i.e. sufficiently free of snow and ice)? I'm concerned because the roads were 'country roads' and very steep in places.

Does anyone know what the best alternative route would be, that I would be able to take in the current weather conditions?

Example alternatives (I think):

London Road, A61, A632 and A6 via Matlock

Abbeydale Road and B6012 through Chatsworth

Ecclesall Road, A625 then B6012 through Chatsworth

Thanks!

Harriet

Hi

On Monday I am starting work in Darley Dale and need to commute (by car) from Hillsborough.

For the job interview in the summer I went around Sheffield via Rivelin Valley Road, Lodge Lane, Blackbrook Road, Sheephill Road, A625, A623, B6012 through Chatsworth and A6 to Darley.

Does anyone know if this route is currently passable (i.e. sufficiently free of snow and ice)? I'm concerned because the roads were 'country roads' and very steep in places.

Does anyone know what the best alternative route would be, that I would be able to take in the current weather conditions?

Example alternatives (I think):

London Road, A61, A632 and A6 via Matlock

Abbeydale Road and B6012 through Chatsworth

Ecclesall Road, A625 then B6012 through Chatsworth

Thanks!

Harriet

I think the Abbeydale road option would be best (they're all main roads) It's still a long way to go though! :)

Archived