Crack in a halogen hob

I've just found a crack running across the back corner of a halogen hob. Now obviously that is going to make using that section of the hob impossible, but does anybody know if the rest of the hob is now unusable. Also does anybody know if this can be fixed?

I've just found a crack running across the back corner of a halogen hob. Now obviously that is going to make using that section of the hob impossible, but does anybody know if the rest of the hob is now unusable. Also does anybody know if this can be fixed?

Naughty little crack, they run everywhere without a care in the world ... confiscate their trainers is what I say! ... pesky little things, I blame it on their parents ... the Fissures! Presume when you say 'halogen hob' you mean a gnome who glows in the dark ? I'd imagine the rest of the hobgoblins will rally forth and cook your tea for you! :hihi:

Don't even think about blowing up the cooker ... they burst! :gag:

I'll have what he's having!

I guess it depends on the size of the crack as to whether the area that is left is going to hold the weight of several saucepans etc... Most of the weight is supported around the edge though surely? I doubt a repair is possible as it will be a special type of glass (thermally shock resistant - like Pyrex) but I'm no expert!

My main concern was would the whole thing shatter, but it seems ok, the crack is across one corner at the back so it shouldn't affect the rings at the front. Ho hum, that'll teach me to pay attention more.

Archived