Childhood xmas memories

An orange, a bag of peanuts, from my Dads xmas eve visit to the Gaunt, a strip of them bubble gum balls on a long strip and a match box car. These were to be found in my stocking (one of Dads socks) taped to our fake marble effect fire place.........oh the joy of it, but it made me happy !!!

Big snow - check! Morecambe and Wise on the telly (there's a Victoria Wood drama about their childhood on this Christmas) - check! The Two Ronnies (The One Ronnie is on Christmas Day) - Check! Industrial unrest and people marching on the streets - Check!

If only I could buy my OH some Hai Karate and the game of Mastermind, which was a complete swizz and had nothing to do with questions and a big black chair, we could be just like our parents!

childhood xmas memories... the ones i try and forget!

seriously, kids including mine dont even know they are born these days!

every christmas morning me and my sister wouldnt even bother getting out of bed, what was the point... always the same story "sorry girls, father christmas didnt have enough pennies this year, it will be better next year" though it never was, just a pound selection box neatly wrapped up! mash potatoes and gravey for xmas dinner.. lovely! then i went to school and had to lie to my friends about what i got so they didnt take the mick out of me, envious about the spanking nike air max trainers on my best friends feet, while my wet and cold toes poked out of my battered old school shoes, ah the good old days.....

anyway ive proberly just depressed the hell out of everyone so i will shut up.... well you did ask. :hihi:

Archived