Has anybody heard of stockshifters.com?

Hi,

I'm the Marketing Manager for Stockshifters.com.

Stockshifters is a B2B marketplace where you can buy surplus stock direct from retailers, manufacturers and distribution companies. It works in the same way as eBay with sellers posting their own stock.

This is the main place in the UK to buy surplus stock, and if you are a small or medium size trader it is the only way to buy direct from big retailers.

For example Stockshifters is:

The official outlet for Tesco surplus electronics (customer returns)

The only place you can buy 'refurbished' Nikon cameras

An official outlet for Russell Hobbs

plus hundreds of others

If you run an online or offline business there are a lot of discounted stock lines that are very profitable. You can also buy untested customer returns for massive discounts (typically between 8-15% of RRP) which can be very profitable.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly chris@e-tradergroup.com

So the Nikon cameras on Ebay that are cheaper are new ?

You have them down as being £139 on Ebay but I look and they are £75 buy it now ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIKON-COOLPIX-S60-12MP-BLACK-DIGITGAL-CAMERA-USES-SD-/250674941666?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item3a5d640ee2#ht_1515wt_1199

• 2 years later...

Edgar

Yes I have used this web site and be very careful

out of 5 orders purchased 2 were of shoddy goods (rated A+) not as described and the other were samples sold as goods for resale.

Most of the other orders were seconds quality with an A+ rating on the site and one order has still not arrived as yet after 3 weeks.

Honest opinion, avoid like the plague.

Lord John J.

Edgar

Yes I have used this web site and be very careful

out of 5 orders purchased 2 were of shoddy goods (rated A+) not as described and the other were samples sold as goods for resale.

Most of the other orders were seconds quality with an A+ rating on the site and one order has still not arrived as yet after 3 weeks.

Honest opinion, avoid like the plague.

Lord John J.

How strange to use a very short 2 and half year old thread for your first post on SF.. how did you find it?

• 6 months later...

Stock shifters is some scam website, they desperately asked us to sign up for for 6 months. So we listed about 10 of our top selling products at very low wholesale prices. The bids received were just below the prices we paid in China. We have never been so insulted by the ridiculous offers . Also they are a very unprofessional company, as many times i phoned them for support, some guy just answers the phone by saying hello. There only seems to be one person that runs the tech line and her name is Katherine, if you ever phone them for tech support for your listings you will probably receive a reply saying, sorry the lady is not here at the moment, WHAT A JOKE COMPANY. What a waste of my time and money. The sales guy really bigged up stockshifters, and now look what happened, I am here making it known that stockshifters is a mickey mouse site with a lot of aggressive marketing strategies

Even when you do sell items on stockshifters, getting the buyer to pay is another story!!

The website is poorly designed for listings. Your 100 x better sticking your items on ebay, you will get much much more than on stock shifters. I am very sure that the goods that are being sold are very bad quality, not the quality I would feel confident reselling on sites like amazon.

Advise from an established wholesale company....

we would strongly advise people to look at other sites to sell products on than stockshifters. Stick with ebay and amazon, you cant go wrong.

Thank you for reading

Steve

there not all good iv got some stuff from there that was total crap dryed up makeup and some other stuff so be carful what you spend your money on

---------- Post added 07-12-2013 at 11:52 ----------

iv just been mugged off on stock shifters £450 for a load of crap iv put in a disput lets see if i get my money back

Archived