Electrical buzzing noise from wall?

I am a professional.

A short would not necessarily blow a fuse, if it is not a direct short to earth, it would not necessarily trip a Residual Current Device either.

Better safe than sorry.

I agree, a next door neighbour who was decorating once asked me round to his house to check a buzzing wall, every so often it even used to flare out sparks and small flames.

What had happened was some years back they had nailed a nail into the wall and when it came to stripping the walls they has taken the nail out but it was not until they had soaked the wall/or gone to paste paper up that the buzzing and sparks had started.

Anyhow it was not tripping anything out, I think he must have nicked a couple of wires and the water/paste must have been shorting/arcing it out.

I have recently noticed an intermittent short loud buzzing noise coming from the wall when I use my hair straighteners. It happened last time, but I thought it was just a coincidence, or the people next door making noise. This morning it did it again.

Its not coming from the plug, or the straighteners themselves, its further along the wall, in the corner.

Can anyone help? :help:

Get it checked out very quick, you could have an electrical fault and if not addressed could cause a fire, do not try and plug anything else in the socket.

Call someone ASAP for your own safety.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived