Cold weather and tramps

Rotherham this year are opening a services to cater for the homeless and needy. It's the first time to my knowledge this has happened on this scale. We are desperate for volunteers and donations. Many Sheffield folk end up in Rotherham as the town centre is much smaller and for some feels safer.

If you would like further information please email lifelinexmasvolunteers@yahoo.co.uk or contact Milton House Project 01709 364804

Go on help ya neighbours

Thanks

Well done and good for you Tatman :o)

I think there is a thread on SF somewhere about volunteering at Christmas for a homeless charity in Sheffield somewhere.

Just as a note of interest, they are called rough sleepers now. Even so I'm sure they would love a bit of nice stew and a hot coffee and chat

Lol Who says they are called rough sleepers! I still call them tramps.

I kinda have my reservations about people that spend their day shoplifting and stealing by other means so as they can pay for their habit, generally bringing the economy to it's knees bit by bit.

There is a youngish guy that sleeps rough and begs in the subway by waitrose though who doesn't appear to be a drug user / alcoholic and is always polite so I always give him my spare change on the way past, as does my partner.

sorry but what would you do if you were homeless they have to survive somehow maybe if everyone was like tat man they wouldnt have to break the law to survive good on you for giving the young man under the tunnel money though

Archived