DHL back log on deliveries

Im waiting for a delivery from dhl.they have had it since 13/12/10.its for my sons birthday on 21/12/10 still not arrived.i decided to phone sheffield service centre to see if i could pick up.spent 20 mins on the phone only to be disconnected.spent another 20 mins on the phone,guess what,yes automatically disconnected after 20 minutes.there has been no updates on their tracker since 16/12/10 and they have issued a general statement saying at this time they cannot reply to any emails...i have emailed the company i bought from and told them i will not use them or any other retailers with connections with dhl...dhl utter rubbish

no im sure your right..sorry dhl your supreme

Nobody said that, but it can't be policy across DHL to cut customers off after 20 minutes. Either someone at that depot used that as an excuse or there is a fault with their phone system. If it is company policy they would be made to finish the call in a professional manner whenever it got near 20 minutes, not just let the line go dead.

Im gonna try again cynic.let ya know.....

I may have misunderstood what you said. I thought you were speaking to someone. I now think you mean you were waiting for the phone to be answered and never actually spoke to anyone. That is pretty poor service whichever way.

Citilink had major problmes last week with a serious incident on the roads at their main sorting hub in Manchester, this caused delays of 48 hours GOODS inwards for processing stuff.

DHL were showing 9 day days to Chesterfield due to weather the only other area suffering similalry was Glasgow.

Archived