DHL back log on deliveries

I ordered a phone from carphone warehouse and it said 24 hour delivery dhl, this was over 2 weeks ago. they gave me a tracking number and it just keeps saying returned item to sender. i phone the shop up and they told me to phone dhl as they hadn't received it back, so i phoned dhl and after 20 mins or so they came on the phone and told me that basically all old orders have been put to one side to get the newer orders delivered first and i should be expecting my parcel sometime after christmas ( which is a bit <REMOVED> cos its a xmas pressie for my girlfriend) :-( merry xmas all.

DHL haven't collected from me in a week!

A week! It's 4 days to Christmas and I've got a stack of parcels needing to go out. And worse, no one at DHL will take charge and give me a collection date.

Insane. I've never known a season like it!

DHL haven't collected from me in a week!

A week! It's 4 days to Christmas and I've got a stack of parcels needing to go out. And worse, no one at DHL will take charge and give me a collection date.

Insane. I've never known a season like it!

Well I was returning something to Amazon via DHL due for collection today. They arrived took one look at the address label and refused it as it was going to Scotland!

• 2 weeks later...

Im fed up with DHL.

I requested a return for Amazon to be picked up on 23/12. Waited all day and they never showed. After 25 minutes on the phone (0845 number as well) waiting to speak to a human, was told that the driver decided to go home at 3.40pm and couldn't be bothered to pick up my package due to the snow (CSR exact words). I explained we were clear here in Sheffield for at least 2 weeks and no issues with RM and UPS doing their jobs. Woman on the phone was supposedly dumbfounded. She rescheduled me for today between 12-5pm.

Well, rearranged all plans so that both my partner and I would be in all day for them to show and they didn't. Called to chase and the person I spoke to on the 23rd managed to rearrange my order for the 23rd between 12-5, even though when I called it was after 6pm!!! How can a company re-arrange collection for the same day AFTER those hours have passed??

Im now rescheduled for 4/01/11 between the hours of 9-5pm. Im waiting for them to fail to show again. I wonder what happens if the company who is supposed to return my package for me, repeatability fails to do so. If there's no pick up on Tuesday, then Im going to send a letter to Amazon and DHL complaining about the incompetence that DHL seems to have, as well as asking Amazon to use another company to collect my package as I refuse to deal with DHL again.

Sorry to rant, but need to moan about it somewhere.

Does any one know if i can turn up to a dhl service centre and request to pick up my item?...sheffield service centre.

on the phone to them as i blog....awaiting auto cut off..will time how long before i am cutoff

You can but it is best to call them first otherwise you will be waiting a long time for them to find your parcel

Update: DHL cancelled my collections without notice or reason. It's now been two full weeks since I booked these Xmas parcels and I've had to go with an alternative courier...

Rubbish, basically.

To be fair they have had major problems with backlog due to bad weather followed immediately by Xmas - cut them a bit of slack.

To be fair they have had major problems with backlog due to bad weather followed immediately by Xmas - cut them a bit of slack.

I'm not sure that's fair, either!

TWO WEEKS. That's ten full days for them to collect. Other couriers have managed it.

If they can't cope with the seasonal weather, they really need to sort that out!

I'm not sure that's fair, either!

TWO WEEKS. That's ten full days for them to collect. Other couriers have managed it.

If they can't cope with the seasonal weather, they really need to sort that out!

I know you've had raw deal but they had Christmas rush straight after snow and they're not only ones experiencing problems, smaller companies may have fared better as don't deal with the volume DHL do. I know I deal with it everyday but I don't work for DHL before you ask

Archived