Christmas gift for 1 year old.

hello People

I need to buy my 1 year old cousin a birthday gift she was a miracle baby of sorts for her parents.

I would like to buy her somthing beautiful unusual and unique from Sheffield.

Budget is around £500.

Thank you.

Phew! Thats a tough one! I don't think the baby will bother what you buy her at the moment (something like a large cardboard box for her to play in will suffice!):hihi:

However, I think maybe something made in Sheffield, as a token gift, and then maybe some investment for the future - a savings account and/or some premium bonds.

.. or, if you know someone who is a bit 'crafty' - how about a personalised embroidered picture, commemorating her birth?

Good luck!

Phew! Thats a tough one! I don't think the baby will bother what you buy her at the moment (something like a large cardboard box for her to play in will suffice!):hihi:

However, I think maybe something made in Sheffield, as a token gift, and then maybe some investment for the future - a savings account and/or some premium bonds.

.. or, if you know someone who is a bit 'crafty' - how about a personalised embroidered picture, commemorating her birth?

Good luck!

Thanks where would I be able to buy something handcrafted in Sheffield? o one off preferably.

buy a gold bracelet like a id bracelet or a christening bracelet, or a goblet with her name onit,or a scroll holder what you put her birth certificate in. or a silver bootie, or a silver framed photo of her in. look round card shops for ideas.

Have you thought of looking here ...

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/don-alexander-13145843.html

or here ...

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/sheffield-scene-13388512.html

They both stock made in sheffield items in stainless, pewter and silver.

Not sure whether you'd find anything for £500 though. That's rather a lot to spend on a baby. Maybe a gift and a premium bond? Or a gift and a savings bond which you could add to every year?

If you are thinking of premium bonds be aware you won't be able to buy them for the child - only parents and grandparents can buy them. You could give the money and the application form but the parents would need to apply for them.

We found this out when my son was christened recently and my brother wanted to buy premium bonds but couldn't. He gave us the money and all the info and we did it on my son's behalf afterwards.

If you are thinking of premium bonds be aware you won't be able to buy them for the child - only parents and grandparents can buy them. You could give the money and the application form but the parents would need to apply for them.

We found this out when my son was christened recently and my brother wanted to buy premium bonds but couldn't. He gave us the money and all the info and we did it on my son's behalf afterwards.

Thanks my friend just told me this too

Archived