How many Lib Dem voters on SF would do so again ?

Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?

• Yes I voted for them and would again.
    • No I would not do so again.
    • Is there such thing as Lib Dems as a party any more,maybe they will merge with Tories ?
    • All parties are the same anyhow, none are worth the vote.

Clegg paid £9,000 to 'hire' crowd

Nick Clegg

Published Date: 09 December 2010

THE Liberal Democrats spent almost £9,000 hiring an outside company to find audience members to attend five of Nick Clegg's "town hall" meetings.

A £2,000 invoice for one of the events was halved partly because of the "poor response" from members of the public.

Details of bills paid by the Lib Dems before and during the General Election campaign were released by the Electoral Commission watchdog.

Mr Clegg, MP for Hallam, used at least one town hall events to state it was "wrong" to allow students to be "saddled" with large debts. The Deputy PM will today vote in favour of lifting the tuition fee cap to up to £9,000 a year.

:hihi:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Clegg-paid-9000-to-39hire39.6654961.jp

Well Nick was spending money on rent-a-crowd, but I have the feeling that if the student on TV was right there would not be enough money in the UK to get home elected again.

I don't know why its a problem but thanks all the same.

Neither do I; personally, I'd prefer the results to be public.

For the first time in decades, I didn't spoil my papers and voted LibDem. Never again.

I selected:

No I would not do so again

Is there such thing as Lib Dems as a party any more,maybe they will merge with Tories

and

All parties are the same anyhow, none are worth the vote

I'll just go back to spoiling my papers, I think:(.

Thanks. I don't know why its a problem but thanks all the same.

Cheers for the title edit also ;)

I could vote now it is no longer public and mess up your results by adding a non-LibDem voter to the mix.

But I won't.

I know my parents have said they won't be voting LibDem again, because they feel betrayed their vote has been used to create a Tory Govt.

Depends on the Lib Dem in question. All 3 main parties are abysmal so I'm left looking at the candidates as indivduals to see who is the least worst.

However, one Lib Dem who I could never vote for (were I return to Sheffield Hallam) is Nick Clegg. John Hemming, MP for Birmingham Yadley is another nasty piece of work. Bob Russell however used to be my MP and he's not too bad.

I could vote now it is no longer public and mess up your results by adding a non-LibDem voter to the mix.

But I won't.

I know my parents have said they won't be voting LibDem again, because they feel betrayed their vote has been used to create a Tory Govt.

Well that would be one good reason to keep it public, then you could see the known none lib dem voters who put a tick to it.

I personally did not have it public for any reason other than I ticked everything but now you mention it, it makes sense to have it public.

Unless its a SF policy not to have them public ?

I think next May the public are going to make their feelings clear to the Lib Dems when we vote in the council elections and for an alternative voting system.

Where will it leave the party if/when they get trounced in both votes?

Why would you want to keep a first past the post system that undeniably doesn't provide us with equal representation in parliament.

Unless its a SF policy not to have them public ?

Which begs the question... Why bother with the option to make the results public or private at all?

Why would you want to keep a first past the post system that undeniably doesn't provide us with equal representation in parliament.

'cause we'll end up with mish-mash government like we have at the moment?

Anyway, the AV proposal is nothing near true PR (unless in the form of a PR exercise).

Archived