How many Lib Dem voters on SF would do so again ?

Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?

• Yes I voted for them and would again.
    • No I would not do so again.
    • Is there such thing as Lib Dems as a party any more,maybe they will merge with Tories ?
    • All parties are the same anyhow, none are worth the vote.

I feel sorry for Nick Clegg, he is between a rock and a hard place and is being used by Cameron as his whipping boy. His lack of experience means he is no match for Cameron or the angry voters.

However that does not excuse his betrayal of Lib Dem principles, and so no, I would not vote for him again.

Which then begs the question - which of the godforsaken political reprobates could I vote for?

Could be worse, A lot of people probably would like to see him between a lot of rocks and a hard place.

Maybe he should have gone out and engaged the students last night and explained how 'fair' everything is ?

It seems the Lib Dems have more support on SF than they do in the country.

There is an YouGov poll showing their support has fallen to just 8%:

YouGov – Lib Dems hit 8%Posted on December 8th, 2010 by Anthony Wells

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 41%, LDEM 8%. It’s the lowest Lib Dem score YouGov have ever shown, and as far as I can tell the lowest Liberal Democrat score any pollster has shown since September 1990, over 20 years ago.

I’ll add my normal caveats about not getting too excited about a single poll, new extreme highs and lows for parties do tend to be the outliers, but nevertheless, the fact that we’ve got our first 8% for the Lib Dems suggests that their support is still on a downwards trend. It is probably no co-incidence that this comes after several days of the Liberal Democrats internal ructions over tuition fees have been all over the political headlines.

Why did your parents vote Lib Dem if they hadn't bothered to read up about what the Lib Dems planned to do in a hung parliament?

The Lib Dems said they would work with the party that won the most seats, they never mentioned a formal coalition.

Well I keep looking at the poll and although more people vote its consistently at 50% say no to voting for them again, but this is not an accurate reflection as there are 4 choices.

It also does not show if the vote has been spoilt by none Lib Dem voters, but does show a significant number feel let down by them and if the yougov poll is a more accurate reflection then its looking grim for them.

I don't relish in the fact they have hit a new low because I thought they were a party worth voting for and stood out a bit from the other main parties, but now it seems they have lost their way somewhat and the light they carried seems to need some new batteries with how many followers have gone astray also.

Judging by the poll results, seems that we are doomed to a two-party "system" for a while longer, then

I agree, the LibDems could have been clever and stood for their principles and no one could have criticised them for doing so, now Clegg looks like the pumped up posh boy with little moral fibre that many thought he always was..I voted for him but he and the LibDems are doomed after this.

Judging by the poll results, seems that we are doomed to a two-party "system" for a while longer, then

Looking at the usual suspects contributing to this thread I suspect most of those taking part in the poll weren't LD voters anyhow. With 4 1/2 years to the next election I suggest Mr Clegg has loads of time to influence government policy and become a significant factor by the next election.

Looking at the usual suspects contributing to this thread I suspect most of those taking part in the poll weren't LD voters anyhow. With 4 1/2 years to the next election I suggest Mr Clegg has loads of time to influence government policy and become a significant factor by the next election.

True, the next 4 and a half years could be very interesting - the Lib Dems could either campaign independently of the Tories, or as a "partner" to them.

It'll be interesting to see how they fight the local elections in areas where their main opposition is the Tory Party, and what policies they propose come the next general election which are in contradiction to the Tory policies - such as Trident's replacement

Having historically (at least in the last 60 years or so) been the party with the broadest spectrum of supporters, I think the leadership is now in a very difficult position - continuing to align too closely with the Tories will alienate a large proportion of their members and supporters - if they want to keep those members and supporters on board they are going to have to perform immeasurably better than they have done over the past couple of months in persuading them of the merits of being a junior partner in a Tory Government

Failing which it is not difficult to see them splitting on ideological grounds - it may be a quickie divorce or it may be a long, lingering, and painful break up, but if Nick Clegg manages to avoid it, he will indeed be a significant factor in the next election, one way or another

They will not have any policies of their own come the next election. What Policies would they have left to campaign on and who would believe them anyhow ?

As George W would say, 'There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again'

Archived