How many Lib Dem voters on SF would do so again ?

Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?

• Yes I voted for them and would again.
    • No I would not do so again.
    • Is there such thing as Lib Dems as a party any more,maybe they will merge with Tories ?
    • All parties are the same anyhow, none are worth the vote.

They will not have any policies of their own come the next election. What Policies would they have left to campaign on and who would believe them anyhow ?

As George W would say, 'There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again'

But did you vote for the Lib/Dems in the first place?

Looking at the usual suspects contributing to this thread I suspect most of those taking part in the poll weren't LD voters anyhow. With 4 1/2 years to the next election I suggest Mr Clegg has loads of time to influence government policy and become a significant factor by the next election.

Judging by the start they've made in government it doesn't look too good I'm afraid. It seems that the Lib Dems are only really interested in enacting 1 of their policies. And that policy (a referendum on AV) will benefit Lib Dem politicans more then anyone else.

Looking at the usual suspects contributing to this thread I suspect most of those taking part in the poll weren't LD voters anyhow. With 4 1/2 years to the next election I suggest Mr Clegg has loads of time to influence government policy and become a significant factor by the next election.

Not sure how usual my suspicions are, but for the record, I voted for them at most previous general elections, but I didn't this one because I made the decision not to be swayed by liars ;)

I considered voting Lib dem because I didn't like some of the policies Labour were going to pursue and I thought a hung Parliament would lead to shift in the Political scene, more consensual politics, less extreme.

Glad I didn't seeing as a vote for the Libdems turned out to be a vote for the Tories.

I considered voting Lib dem because I didn't like some of the policies Labour were going to pursue and I thought a hung Parliament would lead to shift in the Political scene, more consensual politics, less extreme.

Glad I didn't seeing as a vote for the Libdems turned out to be a vote for the Tories.

But it didn't as things would be much worse if you hadn't had the Lib Dems in there, believe me.

I feel sorry for Nick Clegg, he is between a rock and a hard place and is being used by Cameron as his whipping boy. His lack of experience means he is no match for Cameron or the angry voters.

However that does not excuse his betrayal of Lib Dem principles, and so no, I would not vote for him again.

Which then begs the question - which of the godforsaken political reprobates could I vote for?

I don't see why you should feel sorry for him. He must have know what he was getting into when in climbed in bed (figuratively or literally?) with Cameron. if he didn't, he's just plain stupid.

Archived