How many Lib Dem voters on SF would do so again ?

Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lib Dem voters do so again ?

• Yes I voted for them and would again.
    • No I would not do so again.
    • Is there such thing as Lib Dems as a party any more,maybe they will merge with Tories ?
    • All parties are the same anyhow, none are worth the vote.

He broke it yesterday in the lobbies.

It's a mystery to me why you still have such a problem understanding such a simple thing.

The trouble is that he has made it clear for weeks that he would break the pledge that he made. The deal being offered to the students isn't even that bad really. Which calls Clegg's political judgement into question. He's taken a relatively benign policy and turned it into a cause celebre for the left.

The trouble is that he has made it clear for weeks that he would break the pledge that he made.

That's true, but he hadn't broken his pledge. He hadn't lied either since when he made it you can be sure that he meant it.

Situations change. Coming third but getting a seat at the top table for one.

The deal being offered to the students isn't even that bad really. Which calls Clegg's political judgement into question. He's taken a relatively benign policy and turned it into a cause celebre for the left.

True once again. He's made a right pigs ear of what should have been an easy sell once you had people understanding what the reality of the situation is.

I've still got that tenner on William Hague being PM in or around 2012.

He broke it yesterday in the lobbies.

It's a mystery to me why you still have such a problem understanding such a simple thing.

No, he broke it weeks ago when he failed to oppose any fee rises.

He he is "massively regretting" breaking the pledge. This was a few days ago. Before the vote.

That's true, but he hadn't broken his pledge. He hadn't lied either since when he made it you can be sure that he meant it.

Situations change. Coming third but getting a seat at the top table for one.

True once again. He's made a right pigs ear of what should have been an easy sell once you had people understanding what the reality of the situation is.

The easy (and correct road) for the coalition to take would have been for a Conservative to introduce the bill and all of the Lib Dems to abstain. That would have left the pledge intact and allowed the increase in fees.

As I said, it all calls Nick Clegg's judgement into question. He will find this very difficult to shake off.

I've got a tenner on Alan Johnson being Prime Minister by 2013.

I've got a tenner on Alan Johnson being Prime Minister by 2013.

Isn't he the Labour MP that wants a tax that graduates have to pay for the rest of their life to fund their education?

His plans make the Coalition look like a bunch of communists.

Isn't he the Labour MP that wants a tax that graduates have to pay for the rest of their life to fund their education?

They effectively have that anyway.

Archived