Aston folk are so rich!!

Well they must be to pay £1.27.9 for diesel at the Co-op petrol station. And what's more, they queue up to pay the top price for miles around.

Now I'm no tight wad, but I wouldn't pay that much when there's another garage less than a mile away that charges 5p per litre less.

Why do people pay such high prices??????? Anyone have any idea???????

Can you imagine how much they could charge in Meersbrook then?

They charge the same, I believe. At the old Wood bank? station, which used to be the Somerfield garage. Why anyone would pay those prices is beyond me. Morrisons up the road works out at about 50p cheaper a gallon, I think! :hihi:

Unfortunately for Aston folk, Co-Op seems to have a monopoly stake for the area, and with the added fact that there isn't another petrol station within a 2 mile radius of Aston they are rubbing their sweaty mitts together. Used to be petrol stations at Aughton, Swallownest and top of Aston, nr post office which kept prices competitive. I moved away from Aston last year and have to say that my fuel prices around me now are very competitive :)

Unfortunately for Aston folk, Co-Op seems to have a monopoly stake for the area, and with the added fact that there isn't another petrol station within a 2 mile radius of Aston they are rubbing their sweaty mitts together. Used to be petrol stations at Aughton, Swallownest and top of Aston, nr post office which kept prices competitive. I moved away from Aston last year and have to say that my fuel prices around me now are very competitive :)

What about, Woodhouse Mill, Whiston, Beighton all 2 mile ish

Archived