If I cancel an ebay sale as a seller, would ebay still take the 10% fee?

I think they have, but i've recently had to cancel one due to damage i also had to refund an item 'cos it wasn't what the buyer actually though it was. All done amicably through paypal and ebay and everything except the 15p or whatever was refunded.

Although getting in touch with sellers directly is on occasion a major pain in the ass.

I thought Ebay were clamping down on fake "damaged after the auction ended" claims because Ebay was essentially putting a buyer in touch with a seller who were then doing their own deal to avoid charges.

The buyer is already in touch with the seller but i see what you mean about doing their own deal,i recently sold some mercedes alloy wheels and the buyer travelled up from London to collect and pay me in cash avoiding paypal charges..but..i made it quite clear the selling price is the price to pay..no bartering of any kind or he could <REMOVED> off back,crude i know but essential,cost me around £50.00 in e-bay charges for sale but i got more than expected anyway so i was happy,i would be very careful doing my own deal on e-bay,i will only barter when i can see the cash and have eye contact.......on the other side have bid,won,paid for items and the seller has asked for more money as they did not get what they wanted,usually inexperienced sellers but the "its now broken chestnut" is an easy way to get out of it........not saying anyone has done this tho'..

Archived