Should the army be brought in to control violent demonstrations

So you wouldn't want to try a little light classical music? Maybe an Italian operetta or perhaps a spot of G&S performed by the cast of Mamma Mia?

Seriously, why not? PsyOps aren't just about terrorising people.

If you want ten thousand teenagers to go home quietly the second act of a Mussorgsky's Boris Gundunov will be far more effective than a water cannon.

Or just a load of those mosquito things they use at shops to get rid of teenagers?

I'm certainly not condoning the actions of the students (and probably others) who attacked people and property, the actions of the police were also pretty reprehensible. Kettling children (well kettling anyone to be honest) and dragging the disabled out of wheelchairs and injuring them is not civilised behaviour. I'm have to say that I'm pretty disgusted with the behaviour of both sides.

I'm certainly not condoning the actions of the students (and probably others) who attacked people and property, the actions of the police were also pretty reprehensible. Kettling children (well kettling anyone to be honest) and dragging the disabled out of wheelchairs and injuring them is not civilised behaviour. I'm have to say that I'm pretty disgusted with the behaviour of both sides.

Amen to that.

Let's not ignore the possibilty of stage management on both sides too.

The anarchists clearly crave publicity and the chance to cause social unrest.

The police seem hell bent upon proving that they are indispensible and should not be cut. How else do you explain a failure to protect Conservative HQ and the heir to the throne in the space of three weeks

Amen to that.

The police seem hell bent upon proving that they are indispensible and should not be cut. How else do you explain a failure to protect Conservative HQ and the heir to the throne in the space of three weeks

Incompetence?

So you wouldn't want to try a little light classical music? Maybe an Italian operetta or perhaps a spot of G&S performed by the cast of Mamma Mia?

Seriously, why not? PsyOps aren't just about terrorising people.

If you want ten thousand teenagers to go home quietly the second act of a Mussorgsky's Boris Gundunov will be far more effective than a water cannon.

Is that working in the current situation? Whose conducting, the head of Metropolitan police?

It would be ironic that one set of deceived citizens were deceived even more to fire on people who were rioting for being deceived..

Incidentally, does anyone know why the students thread was pulled. I'm not bothered,but have I missed summat..

Insults amongst posters.

In principle you are absolutely right but it's not so clear cut since the children should have been in school and the wheelchair bloke (this fella IU) managed to break in to and climb on foot to the roof of Millbank the other week when the fire extinguisher was chucked off. Reading his blog he doesn't seem the shy and retiring sort of protester.

The police organisation was useless yet again but the protesters aren't adverse to the propaganda that they accuse the 'other side' of perpetrating.

Amen to that.

Are you seriously suggesting the met police are deliberatey making a hash of things to bolster claims that with reductions in numbers policing would be impossible?

That would be a pretty large conspiracy to keep quiet.

Are you seriously suggesting the met police are deliberatey making a hash of things to bolster claims that with reductions in numbers policing would be impossible?

That would be a pretty large conspiracy to keep quiet.

Not really. How many officers decide upon operational matters? You must admit that they are two absolute howlers.

My money is on police numbers not being affected by the cuts. Even Margaret Thatcher understood that controversial policies required a strong police force. I think that Mr Cameron is being reminded of this.

Archived