Should the army be brought in to control violent demonstrations

The bit where the people who were left are troublecausers, I guess it's ok for the police to knock seven bells out of them then?

Who were left? What you on about, I mentioned that some protesters went off route and started causing trouble with the Police, hence then being labelled as rioters! Then started attacking the Police, by law the Police have a right to defend themselves, just as we do!

Sounds like you have double standards!

Who were left? What you on about, I mentioned that some protesters went off route and started causing trouble with the Police, hence then being labelled as rioters! Then started attacking the Police, by law the Police have a right to defend themselves, just as we do!

Sounds like you have double standards!

Are you saying everyone in Parliament Square on that day was a rioter and should be dealt with in that manner?

There are many old wives tales regarding what went off at the time,Oh and BTW foregot to say my brother was a policeman on those picket lines and like me an ex-serviceman he never mentioned it either although he did mention about Scargill asking to be allowed to carry a firearm due to the threats he was receiving.

I/we are going i bit off topic,but,an old wives tale? i had/have no reason to think my friend is/was a liar,he was out walking the dog at the time and this is what he said he saw???..Scargill wanting a gun!...you believe that because it was told you by a policeman...now THAT sounds like an old wives tale to me,being there on the picket line doesn't sound something to be proud of when they were charging into the masses on horseback with truncheons just like with the students,although i do not condone the destruction of property that was happening

Good old 'hearsay' Are there any pictures of them changing into police uniforms? Is there any actual evidence? Are you sure they were not Martians?

Do you think we are naive enough to think it did happen?

Martians,now there's a theory......naive enough to think it did happen ?......no just naive enough to think it couldn't,you're obviously not very streetwise...

Your friend is mistaken.

They were probably police officers from another force changing into suitable clothing from that which they had travelled in. [/Quote]Maybe he was,maybe he wasn't ,but at least an answer with common sense and not ridicule,I think i am way off topic now so better go before i get told off again:hihi:

I/we are going i bit off topic,but,an old wives tale? i had/have no reason to think my friend is/was a liar,he was out walking the dog at the time and this is what he said he saw???..Scargill wanting a gun!...you believe that because it was told you by a policeman...now THAT sounds like an old wives tale to me,being there on the picket line doesn't sound something to be proud of when they were charging into the masses on horseback with truncheons just like with the students,although i do not condone the destruction of property that was happening

What does worry me is that someone like you could sit on a jury.:roll:

On that I think we will differ - because to the law-abiding among us who support our nation and its Police and judiciary, the people in the wrong are the protestors and rioters, not the Police who have to deal with the mess they cause.

And on your point, we will have to differ. I am law-abiding. The protestors are not in the wrong. The rioters are, and the police are, for kettling, and aggravating the situation.

And on your point, we will have to differ. I am law-abiding. The protestors are not in the wrong. The rioters are, and the police are, for kettling, and aggravating the situation.

For aggravating the situation that had already got out of hand because as usual a demonstation had been hijacked by rentamob anarchists as they did at the G20 riot?.

For aggravating the situation that had already got out of hand because as usual a demonstation had been hijacked by rentamob anarchists as they did at the G20 riot?.

I watched the events as they unfolded live on screen. It seemed to be going very peacefully, as scheduled, until the police decided to try and bar the way of protestors, from what I saw.

Throwing missiles at anyone, is not my idea of a peaceful protest. Why did this happen? I'm sure there is some truth to the 'rentamob' theory, but also the fact that tempers were running high, and the police seem to go in heavy-handed, and often, it's the vulnerable and innocents that seem to get stuck in the cross-fire. After the G20 Tomlinson tragedy, and subsequent legal fiasco, and the countless other accusations of police brutality that have been thrown out, I'm afraid the police have carte-blanche in these situations to do what they will. I didn't see protestors hurtling themselves towards the police on horseback. I didn't see them in full riot gear, with batons either. The police are above the law and that doesn't bode well for public relations. Alfie Meadows was very fortunate. The next victim might not be.

Archived