Should the army be brought in to control violent demonstrations

He sounds to me like someone intent on causing trouble.

Not a peacefull protester.

Then why wasn't he arrested? If the police are doing their job and Jody Mcintyre was a troublemaker then he should've been arrested.

They rode into the space where the crowd had been.

They rode into a crowd who moved to make a space. I'm sticking to the facts too.

Then why wasn't he arrested? If the police are doing their job and Jody Mcintyre was a troublemaker then he should've been arrested.

They rode into a crowd who moved to make a space. I'm sticking to the facts too.

They rode towards a crowd who moved and then the horses moved into the vacated space. When the horses entered that area there was no one occupying it.

The crowd was on either side of the area they occupied.

It is shown clearly on the film which you supplied.

Regarding why the man was not arrested that was the decision of the police officers there but I would imagine several people were acting in a similar manner but he stands out because of him being in a wheelchair.

They rode towards a crowd who moved and then the horses moved into the vacated space.

We are arguing over interpretation, so i shall bow out of this little bit. You call it as you wish. Others may call it as they wish.

With regards to Jody Mcintyre, i think he's clever at using his wheelchair to his advantage. I will agree to that. I never believed him to be an angel, but he has as much right as everyone else to protest against student fees. If he really was terrible i'm sure the police would've arrested him. His blog reads like a kid boasting about a school yard scrap and turning it into the Battle of Waterloo.

He sounds like an idealised young man, but he has the right to be so. What crimes has he commited that means he should be imprisoned for a decade?
Substitute 'idealised young man' for 'misguided rioting moron' and you'd be a bit closer to the mark. For rioting, criminal damage and affray he should be in prison now.

He sounds like an idealised young man, but he has the right to be so.
Doubtless you would apply the same consideration to a shaven-headed EDL member who also holds passion for his beliefs and chooses to demonstrate?

Innocent until proven guilty, but if you insist i shall feed your anger. If what you say is true, then why didn't the police arrest him?
Never mind whether I say it's true - those are the things he says he did on his own blog - check the link on the previous page. Who knows, in light of this the Police may yet choose to arrest him.

Archived