Should the army be brought in to control violent demonstrations

Maybe batons and trampled under horses don'e hurt, maybe that bloke who was walking home at the G20 protest that was beat to death by police doesn't matter ?

look the state are there to serve the people, if their is unrest then its because they are failing in their duty. I don't condone anyone throwing stones but you were not down on the ground being 'kettled' crushed and stopped from exercising your right to protest.

What you propose will just make the next protesters that come after them will be armed and then where it end ?

Do gooder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe batons and trampled under horses don'e hurt, maybe that bloke who was walking home at the G20 protest that was beat to death by police doesn't matter ?

look the state are there to serve the people, if their is unrest then its because they are failing in their duty. I don't condone anyone throwing stones but you were not down on the ground being 'kettled' crushed and stopped from exercising your right to protest.

What you propose will just make the next protesters that come after them will be armed and then where it end ?

You are starting to sound like a left wing yes man.

Hard2miss if i was kettled crushed whatever i would never hit a police officer thats somebodys son daughter somebodys dad or.mother with fence panal or metel.bar which i saw today. And i could have told you it would be violent because of the type of people that attend these demos so if they dont want to be kettled or crushed. Dont go. ......or should.we.provde them all.with body armour to protest?

Jfkvsnixon the armys job is to protect the country and if you have seen any of the news today you will agree that we need protection from these vile little scumbag thugs. Even the royal family wernt safe

But when the police fail let the army finish the job short sharp and hard.

The army is not trained or equipped for crowd control on the scale needed today, the police are. The question is were the police well led today, did they commanders make the right decisions. The answers will come out in time.

I personally think they they were in a very tricky situation, they were caught between a rock of a large number of some very young peaceful protesters, and the hard place of a minority of hardcore thugs. They would be dammed if they acted to hard, dammed if they acted too soft.

Maybe the adverse press headlines to the policing at the anti capitalist demos a London a few months ago had an influence with the police commanders decisions?

The police could have stopped the riots anytime they wanted to.

Had it been a few lads at Bramall Lane or Hillsbrough the police would have been amongst them without hesitation using batons and dogs. Innocent bystander? Nah, all football fans are the same.

One law for the students, another for the working class.

Archived