Prince Charles' car attacked

What good security that they have :gag:.

They know that a demonstration is going to take place, and they are taken around in a distinctive motor car.

Anyone with half a brain would have had them taken to the function in a more discrete vehicle, we are talking about the Police though, so it is understandable. :roll:

I trust that their tax disc, if required, was up to date.

Why didn't the students drag the sponging parasites out of the car and string them up?

Oh just great :gag:

Imagine the reaction from the rest of the world if they'd been strung up by a bunch of low lifes.

Britain becomes the chav capital of the world depised by every country on earth except perhaps by North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela.

Anyway, I'll take your post for what it basically is........... stupid

I can't believe only a few officers were on hand to ward off the attackers...

I hope they catch the culprits that attacked the car more so than those who attacked buildings.

The Royal don't travel around in the middle of an army of policemen. Some of the police who were providing protection were armed and had they perhaps been less experienced and had they showed less restraint, then the person who attempted to attack the Prince and The Duchess might've ended up in hospital with a bullet hole in him - Or worse.

AFAIR, a few years ago armed police shot a lorry driver armed with a sword on the Humber Bridge. The range of a sword is about 3ft, the range of a bullet is a bit more. The lorry driver was killed and the subsequent enquiry exonerated the police, saying they had a duty to protect the wider public. When asked why the police didn't 'shoot to wound', the answer given was that they are taught to shoot to kill. - A wounded armed man (even a man armed with a sword) is still a danger.

Just as well for the rioter that the police didn't follow the same rules on Thursday.

It was a welcome to the real world.

Which real world is that? Is that the world when people not connected with a protest; people 'going about their lawful occasion' can expect to be set upon by rioters?

What good security that they have :gag:.

They know that a demonstration is going to take place, and they are taken around in a distinctive motor car.

Anyone with half a brain would have had them taken to the function in a more discrete vehicle, we are talking about the Police though, so it is understandable. :roll:

I trust that their tax disc, if required, was up to date.

They don't need a tax disc. The car isn't insured, either (so unless they can sue the b**tard who damaged it, they will have to pay for it ... or rather we all will, out of the privy purse, no doubt.)

They are not a part of the government; they don't set policy, nor can they change government policy. Why should they be attacked by thugs demonstrating against the government?

I'm with you on that now they know what life is like in 21st century Britain, why would anybody wind their car window down when surrounded by a mob and why were they there in 1st place?

That, perhaps is the saddest part of Thursday's shameful events.

The protesters don't want to see increased tuition fees. They said they were going to protest and they are legally entitled to protest.

I don't suppose anybody who is going to be affected by government cuts and price rises which are unrelated to those cuts is going to like it either.

The students wanted to 'send a message'. They did so.

The message I heard was:

"We do not accept that we should pay for our degree courses" (though they already are and for most of them, the government's increased charges will be irrelevant.) "We do not accept that future students should have to pay for their courses either. Somebody else should pay. Students should get whatever they want and they should get it at no charge."

That part of the message would perhaps be understandable. It's immature and fails to face up to the fact that most things cost money and if you want them, you have to pay for them.

Then again, they are immature. They're young and most of them have had most of the things they want provided at no charge by parents or by the state since they were born.

But the message they sent didn't stop there. It went on to say:

"We want our own way and if we don't get what we want we are prepared to destroy other people's property, set fire to things, attack people and injure them. If we kill them we don't care." (Remember that fire extinguisher a few weeks ago?)

The third part of the message said:

"We are not interested in democracy. We don't give a stuff about you and your society." (Peeing on statues, swinging from the Cenotaph, attacking the Royal's car.)

Is that what life in Britain is going to be like in the 21st Century?

Some of those people are probably the people who will be running the country. Their attitude seems to be: "I am going to have whatever I want. The rest of society must provide it for me or I will destroy society."

Some of those people are probably the people who will be running the country. Their attitude seems to be: "I am going to have whatever I want. The rest of society must provide it for me or I will destroy society."

Surely they can't ALL become city bankers?

Archived