Do governments "listen" to peaceful protests?

Peaceful protest is like trying to **** the government up the arse hole with a Flump. Why do people think government allows peaceful protest? Because they know it's useless! Feigned dissent as far as .gov is concerned. Although, I wonder if government didn't allow peaceful demonstration whether there would be violent protests about it?

No and neither do violent ones. The only thing a violent protest achieves is alienating yourself against those who otherwise could be beneficial towards your cause.

Well it's worked before in this country and it works in other countrys too, the trouble with our country is their is far too many selfish people in this country and that is why the Government continually take the pish!! out of us.

No they don't listen. Earlier in the year I was part of a peacefull demonstration about Funding Cuts for Youth Services. It's not got to the point where I'm fed up of been ignored and other members of staff having too much work so things get left. I have now left the youth service now

Archived