Ideas needed..fundraising

hi all, i need to pick your brains.

at the beginning of november, my friends girlfriend went to sleep in her house in bridlington with her 3 children. in the early hours, a fire broke out, killing all 3 of her children and leaving sammie critically injured. she is now in a medically induced coma and has been for a month. all 3 of her children has been laid to rest and she does not yet know that they died.

my friend - sammies partener - has set up the samantha hudson trust fund to help people who have been the victems of a house fire to pay for accomodation, food, etc if they have nothing left. he has arranged a sponsered truck haul accross the humber bridge in january to raise funds for it and so i would also like to help.

if you have any fundraising ideas or would like to help in any way, i would much appreciate it.

the only thing i have come up with so far is auctions on ebay so if anybody has any old items they do not want, please let me know.

other ideas are welcome too. thank you for reading this.

x

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-11742587

http://www.bridlingtonfreepress.co.uk/news/local/partner_sets_up_fire_victims_fund_1_2845213

Go to the local council, get a house to house collection license.

A collector going from business to business during the days, and doing the pub runs at night with a collection tin can raise a fair amount.

I'm not sure if this is the obvious but try writing to, local big business', local radio who often have free gig tickets, as sadly there are children involved in this tragedy, you could try local playcentre for free family passes.. They often give them away for free to help school fetes raise money through raffel, go to the surrounding football clubs, signed merchandise etc... Could even try theatres for seasonal discounts etc... A few ideas there for you to write to... Good luck x

Enter a local 10k race or Half Marathon and get sponsored for it. My girlfriend's dad and I ran the Sheffield Half Marathon this year to raise money for the British Lung Foundation after my dad died and we ended up with over £1800, and we are now going to run the London Marathon next year for the same charity. Brilliant way to get fit and raise money at the same time!

Archived