Is it time to boot Scottish MPs out of Westminster?

I can't help noticing that the whole raft of Scottish MPs voted on the tution fee question yesterday despite the legislation not applying to Scottish students. I just wonder if the coalition government might tackle the West Lothian issue at the same time as electoral reform. There is talk of reducing the number of MPs at Westminster, and with Scotland gaining new tax raising powers recently it could be time to remove Scottish MPs from Westminster altogether.

What impact would this have on Westminster politics.

I agree with you.I cannot see why they are in parliament deciding on English issues when the English M.P.s have no say in the Scottish parliament.I know they have been voted in by the Scottish electorate but they should not have a say in the running of England.

One cut we should make is to cut all ties with jockland! Freeloaders springs to mind!

Do they pay and tuition fees?

Do they pay for prescriptions?

Do they vote in our parliament?

Makes ya sick

:rolleyes: What about the North Sea Oil revenues which stopped us going bankrupt under Thatcher?

:rolleyes: What about the North Sea Oil revenues which stopped us going bankrupt under Thatcher?

North Sea Oil was allocated to the United Kingdom not Scotland. It is up to Westminster Parliament how the revenue is spent. I don't actually remember us going bankrupt under Thatcher. I just remember the stock market quadrupling in value.

I can however remember the country tettering on the verge of bankrupcy under Brown. Scottish idiot.

North Sea Oil was allocated to the United Kingdom not Scotland. It is up to Westminster Parliament how the revenue is spent. I don't actually remember us going bankrupt under Thatcher. I just remember the stock market quadrupling in value.

I can however remember the country tettering on the verge of bancrupcy under Brown. Scottish idiot.

Nematode was saying we should cut all ties with Scotland as all the benefits were one-way. I was correcting him that it isn't always the case.

Nobody has the guts to do anything about it. All talk and no action and hope people

will lose intrest.

Do you think there would be any incentive for the current government to remove ..

41 Labour MPs

11 Liberal/Dem MPs

6 SNP MPs

1 Conservative MP

... whilst they are looking at electoral reform?

Archived