Martial Arts - What do you do?

Originally posted by Rich

393 Club on Langsett Road then, opposite Morrisons and next door to the Queen's Ground pub.

thanx rich :thumbsup:

do you know how much & how long a class is?

n what nights there on, or weekends?

cheerz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

good old mark hayes

there are quite a few good martial arts clubs in sheffield and an awful lot of turkeys :P

Now clubs i think are Good:

Mark Hayes at the source is good

The kickboxing in the city centre http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.com

(i want my commission for this one :P) is where i train currently when i get spare time or when im not too knackered from a long shift.

The wicker camp for muay thai is good too.

The kickboxing at hallam uni is dead freindly and a good laugh.

Then theres Marsdens all styles in hillsborough leisure centre.

Its run by these 2 brothers who are damned good. Karate background but they have a good mix of skills.

393 club

thats lau gar isnt it? i know they do a "kickboxing " syllabus but everyone claims that these days :P

id recommend marsdens all styles at hillsborough leisure centre

OR:

http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.co.uk

i.e. black dragons kickboxing.

they used to be at Burton Street but now they have classes in walkley and upperthorpe

the instructor claude knows what hes on about.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by carloswoody

Are there any Geoff Thompson style teachers in sheffield, I would really like to get some experience of the more "street" based art, and especially the psychological side of things, like pre-fight build up, neuro-linguistic programming etc.....

How about any QCB teachers?

Not exactly Sheffield, but Dave Turton, who has taught Geoff Thompson (along with other martial arts 'names' such as Kevin O' Hagan, Jamie O'Keefe, Andy Crittenden, etc.), has a club in Thrybergh, Rotherham (Oldgate Lane).

He teaches a mix that includes Goshinkwai, boxing, savate, greco-roman wrestling and such exotic arts as lancashire catch wrestling!

i believe one of his students is also teaching in sheffield, somewhere around the Manor, but i'm not certain where

Archived