Martial Arts - What do you do?

Thanks alot. I think the martial arts one is definately more what I had in mind but the starstruck sounds like it might help him. I think I will have a look in the phone book and give helen a ring.

Tuesday evenings is ideal aswell as I get home at 6pm so that leaves plenty of time to pick him up and take him up to the village plus I can afford the £2 easily.

You can contact Helen at the StarStruck email address:

starstrucksheffield@yahoo.co.uk

She's sat opposite me right now, and she is more than happy to have your brother attend.

Cheers

Kirk (DaBouncer) :D

Hi Dabouncer,

If you haven't tried Karate yet I recommend GOJU-RYU. There's a club on Derbyshire Lane, up near Graves Park in the Church Hall opposite the Post Office. GOJU RYU is one of the original, traditional forms which is the bedrock of ALL karate. Non-competetive, its hard physical and mental training in the traditional way make it a difficult style to do.I almost put "master" but no-one "masters" GOJU-RYU .Its techniques reflect the self defence aspect of this style. The club belongs to a Nationwide organisation, which in turn is affiliated to a worldwide federation headed by a native Okinawan. I believe you would find it very interesting.

The training is Tuesdays 7.30-9-30 Saturdays 2.00- 400.

I might give it a look! At the moment my own training is taking a lot of time, but I will deffinately going to have a look!

On a similar matter. There is a guy who teaches a mix of Martial Arts, consisting of Kick Boxing, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, Karate and some others.

He teaches on Monday evenings in a community hall of some kind next to St Mary's Church at the bottom of Bramall Lane. I don't know the exact time of training, but he is reputed to be VERY good!

Originally posted by "jay_kd"

All Martial arts have some thing to offer if you know what you want.

The guy who taught at Bramhall lane is now teaching at The Source at Meadowhall on Mondays and wednesdays

Mark isn't on Bramall Lane anymore?

you pay M'Hall £4 for 1 and half hour class, or £35 a month for everything (gym and martial arts)

Have you trained with Mark then, if not how do you know him

can i ask who it is that is asking after him, so i can pass it on and we may be able to get him on here

Archived