How important is your happiness at work?

I would just like to start a discussion about being happy at work. The tories are going to start measuring how happy people are as well as their money situations (so I'm told!). I have just quit my job as I was seriously unhappy where I was. (For the trollers on here no I have not left to claim benefits and do not intend to!).

Without making this about politics but more people's own experiences, let's discuss! :)

You spend a lot of time there it's important to at least be comfortable if not happy (it is work after all)

+1

If you're gonna spend most of your life at work, or commuting there, then work should either (1) pay well or (2) enjoy your work or (3) get on with your work colleagues.

If it's all three, then great. If it's none, then you might be better off going somewhere else.

x

For me, it is absolutely essential. I spend about 50 hours a week at work. It has to be enjoyable.

I have quit a job before, simply because I loathed it. That is one of my proudest achievements, it takes some guts to chuck in a well paid job. It also turned out to be just about the best decision that I have ever made.

For me, it is absolutely essential. I spend about 50 hours a week at work. It has to be enjoyable.

I have quit a job before, simply because I loathed it. That is one of my proudest achievements, it takes some guts to chuck in a well paid job. It also turned out to be just about the best decision that I have ever made.

My job wasn't well paid, I had to commute 3 hours a day all together and now the ******** is refusing to pay me money I am well and legally owed...shows exactly as to what kind of place it was! I am very glad I quit when I did. Maybe I could have left it a few more weeks - I had already left it 5 weeks - So to me, happiness at work now is an essential! To the point where I am being a LOT more picky about where I work! I know it will pay off in the end though.

I'm lucky in that I'm self employed so only tend to stay with 1 client for about a year before moving on. I'm trading being close to home for higher pay though as working away all the time sucks even if it pays better.

I would sacrifice some happiness to be my own boss and not have to answer to anybody :hihi:

I've had a great many jobs and the reason for that is because i have not found a job that ticks all the boxes. But it is part of my character that i never take second best so i'll just keep looking because the right job is out there i just haven't found it yet.

Archived