PETROL: All time high

I really cannot understand why they do not just put long leads on them so that you can plug them into the mains at home and off you go.

I think they'll eventually put charging stations on all highways, there going to try them out now in countries like Australia, it's suppose to take less tham 3 min to fully charge a car from these stations , thats what I read anyhow :confused:

I've been running on autogas/LPG for the last few years, generally half the price of petrol, but even that isn't safe from price hikes. In the summer my local garage was charging 59.9p a litre, then suddenly it shot up to 65p for no reason. This week it's 72.9p. That's 13p a litre increase in a short period of time.

Petrol users complain about the 1p and 2p increases, but LPG although still a hell of a lot cheaper than petrol, is rocketing.

It will continue to rise in price as the number of users switch from petrol. We should remember that the government still want the tax no matter what we use. Petrol is very cheap to produce compared with pump prices, most of which is taken in tax by this greedy government.

I am all for blockades like we had some years ago when petrol was MUCH cheaper than now. I hope that we see riots.

If any government can cause riots it is the present one, they are very quickly becoming experts at causing riots.:D

The Tories caused the riots in the 80's. Closing the Pits and Steelworks. It's now going the same way,hitting the working class with the cuts and price rises! We'll end up with a Civil war.

It wouldnt suprise me to see petrol & diesel prices reach £1.50 per litre by summer 2011. There is only 1 way fuel prices are going. We could easily be looking at £2.00 per litre by next Christmas.

No chance because there will be riots!! galore this will affect that vast majority of the population! no way on earth would they get that high.

so why no protests ??

in France they would be bedlam ,lorry drivers,farmers etc would be doing blockades everywhere

why in uk do we lie down and take it ?

Won't be taking it much longer believe me more protests are coming and the Petrol prices will be one of them.

Ummm i wonder if they will work like the last fuel protests.......

Maybe the protests should turn violent like the student ones, I wonder what the motorists that condemned the student riots would think when it was their cause someone was fighting for :hihi:

Archived