PETROL: All time high

Given that it costs about £2 to get to town on a bus, and about 20p in a car, even £2 a litre will not persuade most people to give up their warm, reliable, fast car in favour of a cold, noisy, unreliable, slow, late bus that doesnt go that close to where they want to be.

Making all transport unaffordable does not encourage people to make the correct moral decision. The only thing that will change that is making public transport affordable. How could we do that now, I wonder.....

NATIONALISE the buggers.

NATIONALISE the buggers.

Don't even need to do that.

Simply employing conductors again and leaving the drivers to drive the bus while the conductor deals with the tickets would be a benefit.

I've wasted far too much time sat on a bus while passengers hold up the journey by (a) purchasing those weekly tickets on a Monday morning en masse or (b) pay for a ticket with a £10 note :roll:

Plus it provides a little extra security on the bus.

x

Petrol has now reached an average price (for unleaded) of 121.9 per litre. And more rises are due in January. How high can it go? How much can we afford to pay for our petrol before more and more people are priced off the roads?

it will reach 130 soon and hopefully curtail the dreaded commute to work and school....and leave the roads free for the white van man...:hihi::hihi:

No chance because there will be riots!! galore this will affect that vast majority of the population! no way on earth would they get that high.

What do you suggest, maybe we can invade an oil rich country?

Face facts, oil supplies will start to drop, new oil supplies will be more and more expensive to exploit. Predicting the future is a very hit and miss business, but one thing is for sure, the price of petrol and diesel via oil will continue to rise and rise; and there isn't anything anybody can do about it.

Given that it costs about £2 to get to town on a bus, and about 20p in a car, even £2 a litre will not persuade most people to give up their warm, reliable, fast car in favour of a cold, noisy, unreliable, slow, late bus that doesnt go that close to where they want to be.

Making all transport unaffordable does not encourage people to make the correct moral decision. The only thing that will change that is making public transport affordable. How could we do that now, I wonder.....

it actually costs 23p per mile to drive...so if its a 10 mile round trip to work thats £2.30...still better than the bus though...

Whilst the country is struggling with a massive short fall on it's income-outgoings?

Yet it can still afford to pay out £9 billion oversea's aid,and, to "third world" countries that aren't "third world" anymore...we are.......wheels within wheels....:suspect:

it actually costs 23p per mile to drive...so if its a 10 mile round trip to work thats £2.30...still better than the bus though

I live about 12 mile from city centre and usually park on/around Arundel St(where i was born)....24 mile round trip so probably cost around £4 in fuel ?,or at 23p per mile £4.60 + say £1 for meter,all day pass on bus £4-£4.50,no hassle parking, bus for me..:)

Archived