PETROL: All time high

Its no good crying to the pertol station. Over 70% of the fuel cost is tax and vat, aim at the right people guys its not hard to work out its the goverment.

Think of it another way, people will be using their car less and we have less congestion, I am happy with that and more then willing to pay £2 a litre if the road are clear

Same here, I just love driving, its the feel of nearly 300 bhp ripping up the road through a set of 19 inch rims that is amazing, who cares if my drive to work only takes 7 minutes.

There's no shortage of oil and easily enough left to last well into the 22nd century even with newly emerging super powers like China and India buying increasingly more of the stuff.

OPEC and the big oil companies are the biggest lying sons of bitches in creation. Added to that they have every politician in the world in their pockets. Over the past 50 years they've bought up and destroyed every new idea on alternative energy sources that just looked like it could work and be developed to the point of becoming serious competition.

All this current doodling around with hybrids and electric vehicles is pretty much a dog and pony show in the long run and oil will be around for another century and they know it.

Their marketing strategy is simple and ruthless. Create artificial shortages when there is an increasing demand and thereby force the price of a barrel ever higher.

This strategy is not unique to that industry. It's a common practice in the commercial/ business world and always has been

I think you are exactly right Harleyman,by the way i myself am "doodling" with a Hybrid i bought a couple of months ago...excellent car....just as a comparison,when i first started work in 1964 at 15 yrs old a packet of cigs 20 John Players was 4s/11d (25p) about the same price as a gallon of petrol,i remember this as i bought my first motorcycle when i turned 16 same year and i was not earning enough per hour to pay for either...probably had to work 2 hours....as i no longer smoke not sure of cigs price but they must still both be equal/around same price, and when working i could have easily paid for both working one hour or less,...as i said just a comparison over the years...paraffin for the greenhouse heater is even more expensive??? :D

The goverment should ban all cars over five years old, this way we have lots of use car to export to third country and have more money coming to uk, The newer car will be lot more enviroment friendly, The new car market will be brooming making more money for goverment to waste,

Archived