Central heating..

I was worried that I had my heating on in the day as opposed to in the night ... i thought it was more expensive. Not so according to N Power who've been really helpful. They bend over backward to help you save money (and fuel) and are more than willing to send you info on saving money ... dead friendly too! :)

I have fitted thermostats on the radiators and turned them down low in the bedrooms and on the stairs while the lounge is a comfortable 20 degrees. (All the web sites recommend 21 degrees)

The room thermostat is in the kitchen/dining-room and that is set to 20 degrees. There is no radiator stat in that room because the two thermostats would conflict with each other.

So if you think about it the boiler is controlled by the room stat in the kitchen/dining-room (in my case) and the rest of the house is controlled by the radiator stats and thanks to them I can have those rooms at whatever temperature I like providing they are less than 20 degrees, so really I am only heating the rooms I want. (By the way, I always think the room stat needs to be in the room you want to be the warmest and away from sunlight.)

http://www.buyaparcel.com/pageview.php?page=show_product&ecommerce_stockcode=HV1T1

Added. Don't worry about the boiler stat as the hotter the water is when it leaves the boiler the hotter it returns. I have mine on full because it warms the house up quicker and once the kitchen/dining-room reaches 20 degrees the boiler turns off so it isn't as if it is running all the time.

Archived