Working too hard

I had a contract finish a few weeks ago. I found out on the Friday that it was finished, before the end of the day I had an interview arranged for Monday and on Tuesday they'd offered me the role.

What's your specific IT background and where have you been looking for jobs, there's plenty out there.

You claimed a while ago that you are self employed? Remember me commenting on your 32k posts? So now you are saying that your contract finished and you were offered a role on Tuesday. This makes it worse because you are clearly a slacker and robbing the organisation that pays you to do a job and you are still posting!

Hmm. Cyclone. Porkies on the forum????

Eh? You think I'm not self employed because I'm posting on the forum? Or I'm not self employed because a contract finished and I had to interview for the next one?

Offered me a role is what you just posted. That leads me to believe that you interviewed for a role not a self employed contract. Hope it's more than £6.10 an hour.:hihi:

You're reading too much into it. Since there's just me works for my limited company an offer of a contract is for my services to fill a specific role that needs filling.

Technically I have the right to send any employee of the company capable of filling that role, but that clause is in the contract mainly for IR35 reasons and I've never seen anyone try to make use of it.

So they offered me a role, a contract was formed for the supply of my services via my limited company and yes it's on more than £6.10/hr.

If you'd like to check out my IT contractor status, you could ask Medusa to get you the email address for JoeT, one of the first admins of the forum, I worked with him on a contract a few years ago. You're grasping at straws though, accusing me of not being self employed because I used the word role!

So you're a recruitment consultant today then. Righto.

You just said that there is only you who works for your limited company but you are able to send any employee of the company.

Anyhoo, got to go because as you know I am job seeking (claiming charity according to you but I am clearly spending much much more time doing it than you are working) and so am off to see an organisation which says that it can offer advice and help to professionals trying to get back into work.

Maybe I should put on an English Teacher hat as it looks like you need some help...

There is a clause in the contract that says that I can send anyone capable of doing the work.

Since I am the only one who works for the company it's kind of irrelevant, although I could always hire someone else in order to fill the role. I won't as I expect that the client wouldn't be happy with it, it's mainly there for IR35 reasons as I already said.

And no, I'm never a recruitment consultant, what made you think that?

Maybe some English comprehension lessons would aid you in your search for work...

Archived