Uncanny encounter

in 2009 me and the wife went to benidorm while there we got friendly with a couple from wales had a few nights out with them at the end of the holiday we swapped postal details and sent cards to each other at xmas that was that then in 2010 we went to magaluf midway through our holiday we were just leaving our hotel for a day out when we saw the same couple from wales waiting to checkin to our hotel bizzare

It's remarkable when it happens to you, but it isn't as fantastically unlikely as you might think. People who stop at a given class of hotel in Benidorm, are also likely to stop the same class of hotel in Magaluf in some other year. Similarly, the people you run into during bank holiday weekend in Scarborough, you might well run into next year during bank holiday weekend in Whitby.

It's remarkable when it happens to you, but it isn't as fantastically unlikely as you might think. People who stop at a given class of hotel in Benidorm, are also likely to stop the same class of hotel in Magaluf in some other year. Similarly, the people you run into during bank holiday weekend in Scarborough, you might well run into next year during bank holiday weekend in Whitby.

would like to disagree with you dont think this would ever happen again maybe if we went to the same holiday destination year after year then yes the chances are very high of meeting the same people again

in 2009 me and the wife went to benidorm while there we got friendly with a couple from wales had a few nights out with them at the end of the holiday we swapped postal details and sent cards to each other at xmas that was that then in 2010 we went to magaluf midway through our holiday we were just leaving our hotel for a day out when we saw the same couple from wales waiting to checkin to our hotel bizzare

Benidorm?? If you'd said some hotel in Norway I'd be more inclined to agree. I bumped into 3 people from Woodhouse the last time I was in Benidorm early 80s.:hihi:

would like to disagree with you dont think this would ever happen again maybe if we went to the same holiday destination year after year then yes the chances are very high of meeting the same people again

It's never likely to happen to you again, no. What I mean is that given how many millions of people go on holidays, and that most of them tend to stick to certain areas, and certain classes of hotel/campsite/cruise, it's not surprising that it does occasionally happen to someone.

Archived