Where do I go for a spare key for my car?

owl87

Really - is that the vin code? Thanks for that bit of info, we could do with spare for ours. What happens if you don't have handbook as we bought ours secondhand?

Not the vin code, the ECU has a pin code type thing. If you dont have it you should be able to contact the dealer. It cost me £18 to get mine from Vauxhall.

I went to main dealers to get a Fiat car key (with chip)

They told me it would cost £250 for one key!!!! :hihi:

Can Harolds locksmiths copy a chipped key?

I recently got my self a new car but the previours owner god knows how lost the spare key, without me going to the main dealer who will no doubt charge me an arm and a leg, is there anyone or any garages that might be a little cheaper as i aint made of money. taarrr

I paid £25 for chipped key (Astra Mk3) without remote at Morrisons, 12 months ago.

I wanted a spare chip key for my van as one had become damaged.

I think it cost a tenner about 4 years ago from a small key cutter.

Shop around.

No, so long as you have the cars security pass code (in the hand book) then they can do it at the key place in Morrisons Hillsborough. Only arond £50 for the key with remote locking for a Astra MK4 iirc.

They told me they could not replace the battery in mine as codes,programming,blah,blah was needed.

Parker's did it in a couple of minutes and charged £2.50 (IIRC).

PS it worked fine.

I recently got my self a new car but the previours owner god knows how lost the spare key, without me going to the main dealer who will no doubt charge me an arm and a leg, is there anyone or any garages that might be a little cheaper as i aint made of money. taarrr

Better get all the keys programming removed from the ECU and only the keys in your possesion programmed back in. That way the lost key is useless to start the car and your car is less likely to go missing if the original owner "finds it" and is that way inclined.....

Archived