for a popular art website (dont panic)

Any votes from you would be a great help,

http://www.dontpaniconline.com/designbrief/tron-legacy/entry/992

You have to register to vote, which i know is a pain but it doesnt take a sec

its a very simple fast email sign up!

feel free to leave a comment when you have voted so i know

you came from sheffield forum!

:help:

Hi fauna ... I think the picture looks like the initial design sketch for an early 1960's sci-fi book cover. (maybe you wanted this?) I'm not trying to be rude but you did ask for opinions!

From what I've read 'Tron' is an epic of special effects and computer wizardry. I understand that the young Jeff Bridges is completely comp animated and indistinguishable from the real thing.

Your picture doesn't convey any of this and to be honest, looks half finished !

It's neither a drawing or a painting however well executed !

My favourite illustrator is Michael Frith who's watercolours appear in 'The SundayTimes' (visit his website) ... what a genius!

As an artist myself, I know the feeling when someone knocks your work and would never dream of putting anyone down ... however, you did ask for an opinion! Personally I'd like to see a lot more colour in the picture to give it more life. Just being honest! :)

As an artist myself, I know the feeling when someone knocks your work and would never dream of putting anyone down ... however, you did ask for an opinion! Personally I'd like to see a lot more colour in the picture to give it more life. Just being honest! :)

I was always taught that you've got be your own worst critic, but take something constructive from it, work out why! But never be too proud to not rip up and start again.

P.S. Not saying that's what should be done with that, I like it, but as Tron, no!

Hi fauna ... I think the picture looks like the initial design sketch for an early 1960's sci-fi book cover. (maybe you wanted this?) I'm not trying to be rude but you did ask for opinions!

From what I've read 'Tron' is an epic of special effects and computer wizardry. I understand that the young Jeff Bridges is completely comp animated and indistinguishable from the real thing.

Your picture doesn't convey any of this and to be honest, looks half finished !

It's neither a drawing or a painting however well executed !

My favourite illustrator is Michael Frith who's watercolours appear in 'The SundayTimes' (visit his website) ... what a genius!

Hi there Alco,

yes im happy to recieve comment and opinion,

the sketch is rocket01, and he did want to give it a feel of remembering the old tron as well, as he is a fan of it.

thanks for the comments, he really really enjoyed drawing it.

it is all done in marker pen actually. touch markers

there is some nice designs on there i agree, and if you dont want to give us your vote its ok , he did draw it to give it a sketchy style.,

maybe you have seen the old drew struzan poster that was done for tron?

Hi there Alco,

yes im happy to recieve comment and opinion,

the sketch is rocket01, and he did want to give it a feel of remembering the old tron as well, as he is a fan of it.

thanks for the comments, he really really enjoyed drawing it.

it is all done in marker pen actually. touch markers

there is some nice designs on there i agree, and if you dont want to give us your vote its ok , he did draw it to give it a sketchy style.,

maybe you have seen the old drew struzan poster that was done for tron?

I'm aware of the work by Drew. It's technically brilliant but sort of comes across as poster art. It reminds me of the work by Boris Vallejo ... once again brilliant in it's execution but lacks conviction, much like Roger Dean who was a total hero of mine when i was at art college many years ago. They're illustrations, not art ... take for instance Jack Vettriano, totally eschewed by art critics ... is it art or illustration? (sure he doesn't mind (or maybe he does) as he makes a fortune!) :)

Archived