Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

Watch how the Rabbi initially denies that the Bible commands the death penalty then is forced to admit the commands exist, then finally admits that it is God’s will to execute apostates…And watch how his EDL minders get increasingly nervous and try to bundle him away!

http://bloggingtheology.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/edl-speaker-says-it-is-gods-will-to-kill-apostates-and-homosexuals/

Yet they don't execute apostates or homosexuals even in the world's only Jewish state.

The student protest was in opposition to a Bill going through Parliament, a political protest of relevance that needs protecting to ensure our democracy.

The last time EDL went through Luton they recruited a bunch of football hooligans and the various football firms declared a armistice for the day so they could better coordinate the smashing of shop windows, trashing cars and assaults on local shopkeepers.

Not much different to the student protests then (which I was equally disgusted with).

I watched a program about how the police ur policed an EDL march. There were a significantly higher number of arrests of people from the UAF group. Not sure of the percentages but I thought that was interesting.

Why do they all behave like maniacs as soon as they pick up a placard?

Don't believe everything the police tell you. They have a habit of aggressively policing anti-fascist demonstrations and provoking trouble whilst leaving the fascists to themselves, until they break out and run amok.

Not much different to the student protests then (which I was equally disgusted with).

Maybe I didn't make the distinction clear enough?

The student protests are an essential function of our democracy. Organising groups of hooligans to terrorise communities is not.

There is a huge difference.

Yet they don't execute apostates or homosexuals even in the world's only Jewish state.

So what?

Zakir Naik was banned from coming here and doesn't approve of either.

If EDL don't want extremist preachers here then what are they doing inviting one? - It is clear double standards.

Maybe I didn't make the distinction clear enough?

The student protests are an essential function of our democracy. Organising groups of hooligans to terrorise communities is not.

There is a huge difference.

The only distinction you appear to have made is excusing one group the right to smash things up and cause chaos over another.

Don't believe everything the police tell you. They have a habit of aggressively policing anti-fascist demonstrations and provoking trouble whilst leaving the fascists to themselves, until they break out and run amok.

Take a bow....that's the biggest load of tosh i have read on here in years.

Try putting on a uniform and then comment... better still, go back to specsavers.

The first time this eejit came to public attention it seemed to me perfectly clear what to do with him. Let him burn his Korans, a whole stack of them if he likes. Let him knock himself right out doing so. Just don't put him at the top of the Ten O'Clock News.

It's deeply patronising to Muslims worldwide to think that they will find it any harder than Christians to tell the difference between Pastor Bonkers from Backwoods USA and the official policy of the United States government or the broad current of western feeling towards Islam.

If his actions are used as pretexts for attacks on American troops, they will not be the reasons for these attacks but an excuse for them.

That violence will always find pretexts — and, God knows, it already has more convincing ones.

Labour's Jon Cruddas was expected to table a motion today calling for Pastor Jones to be banned from the country. I think he's wrong to.

All that shouting “ban, ban, ban” does is make us look weak and panicky — as well as nurturing a sustaining sense of grievance in silly extremists.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23906249-let-pastor-jones-come-and-make-a-fool-of-himself.do

The first time this eejit came to public attention it seemed to me perfectly clear what to do with him. Let him burn his Korans, a whole stack of them if he likes. Let him knock himself right out doing so. Just don't put him at the top of the Ten O'Clock News.

It's deeply patronising to Muslims worldwide to think that they will find it any harder than Christians to tell the difference between Pastor Bonkers from Backwoods USA and the official policy of the United States government or the broad current of western feeling towards Islam.

If his actions are used as pretexts for attacks on American troops, they will not be the reasons for these attacks but an excuse for them.

That violence will always find pretexts — and, God knows, it already has more convincing ones.

Labour's Jon Cruddas was expected to table a motion today calling for Pastor Jones to be banned from the country. I think he's wrong to.

All that shouting “ban, ban, ban” does is make us look weak and panicky — as well as nurturing a sustaining sense of grievance in silly extremists.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23906249-let-pastor-jones-come-and-make-a-fool-of-himself.do

Well said spindrift.

No need to ban him...can't we just ignore him? Its not that slow a news day surely?

Archived