Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

I seriously doubt people would have a Visa denied solely on the basis of being anti-war.

I have already given you the example of Zakir Naik, there are others too like Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

Furthermore neither of these two were coming to the UK to speak to a bunch of football hooligans in a location associated with extremist violence perpetrated by their supporters.

Groups such as EDL also have the right to peaceful protest, but as you have noted protests often turn violent and the authorities have to plan for it. All I'm pointing out is that, if you have your car smashed up, it doesn't matter if it was students or EDL, you stil have a smashed up car. I can't imagine anybody thinking "ah well it was the students and my car being smashed to pieces is necessary for our democracy".

I am saying EDL don't have a right to peaceful protest.

They have nothing to protest about, they are a violent bunch of Islamaphobic football hooligans out to cause trouble. The only defences made for them come with a huge amount of denial of what they have done, who their leaders are and the intent behind where they chose their meetings.

They are the modern equivalent of the Nazi Brownshirts (SA) or Mosley's Blackshirts, street level organisation of thugs to turn the streets in to a place of fear for ethnic minorities. There is no democratic argument for allowing these people to organise protests they are political only in so far as any grouping of violent criminals is.

The EDL have withdrawn their invitation, due to his views on racism and homosexuality. Was he too liberal for them?

I expect it finally sunk in that inviting extremist religious nutters to speak in their support is an odd way of protesting against extremist religious nutters and makes them look even more stupid.

I have already given you the example of Zakir Naik, there are others too like Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

Furthermore neither of these two were coming to the UK to speak to a bunch of football hooligans in a location associated with extremist violence perpetrated by their supporters.

Naik Zakir is not an example of a person being refused a Visa for the only reason of being a vocal opponent of the wars. I'm not familiar with the other one.

I am saying EDL don't have a right to peaceful protest.

They have nothing to protest about, they are a violent bunch of Islamaphobic football hooligans out to cause trouble. The only defences made for them come with a huge amount of denial of what they have done, who their leaders are and the intent behind where they chose their meetings.

They are the modern equivalent of the Nazi Brownshirts (SA) or Mosley's Blackshirts, street level organisation of thugs to turn the streets in to a place of fear for ethnic minorities. There is no democratic argument for allowing these people to organise protests they are political only in so far as any grouping of violent criminals is.

We all have right to lawful, peaceful protest, as long as it remains so, no matter how much we disagree with their campaign. Need I quote Voltaire?

Why wasn't this the case with Zakir Naik? I will say it again everyone kicked off about Naik coming here yet with this pastor some are saying he shouldn't be banned from coming etc etc.

The word hypocrites springs to mind.

I don't think there is any hypocrisy if one is an advocate of violence and the other is not.

Archived