Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

• 1 month later...
This is some guy that said he was going to burn some fictional books like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or something. Apparently it offended the fans of whatever book it was. But then he didn't actually burn any books. Should he be barred from entering the UK for it?

no.no.no.no.no.no.no. let him in!!!!!!!!!!!

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times."

"I mean ask yourself, have you ever seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together on the floor of the Mosque? Does it look like a real religion of joy?

Those are not my words. They are the words of Terry Jones.

We should have let him come...and promptly taken him into care. He needs looking after. Completely harmless...just a sad, deluded old man.

And as for those who invited this man here...well...for once words fail me. I have a slight suspicion that these may be those who contrive to mistake their hatred and blind ignorance with the truth.

He has been banned from entering the country,what a insult to freedom of speech this is.:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12231832

If you abuse free speech and incite violence, then you should be censored. The fanatical muslim cleric Abu Hamza was rightly jailed for inciting violence and the government are correct in not letting this man enter the UK due to his rabble-rousing antics..

If you abuse free speech and incite violence, then you should be censored. The fanatical muslim cleric Abu Hamza was rightly jailed for inciting violence and the government are correct in not letting this man enter the UK due to his rabble-rousing antics..

show me where he has incited violence?

As for Jones refusing him a visa only serves to create some importance and publicity for a man who doesn't deserve as such and gives the impression that the UK is intolerant of freedom of expression

Let the man come, have his say, face his critics and detractors and then send him on his way

Quite right. I bet Paxman et al can't wait. He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

Archived