Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

Why should Terry have to pay for anything, people are free to say what they want here so long as it's within the bounds of the law.

Did you insist all the students should have chipped in to police their protests lately?

That's the point though, we do have laws against inciting religious hatred.

Why should Terry have to pay for anything, people are free to say what they want here so long as it's within the bounds of the law.

Did you insist all the students should have chipped in to police their protests lately?

Terry will clearly be causing a bit of a rucus if he comes to the UK which will have direct costs to the British people who are if you haven't noticed a tad skint. So if Terry feels the need to come and say those things in the UK rather than in his homeland (where he has the freedom to say whatever he likes under the 1st amendment so freedom of speech is not the issue) then it's only fair that he, rather than us taxpayers, foots the bill for security.

In the current economic climate I'm getting a tad tired of seeing money ****** up the wall on marches and demos from everyone from students to islamists to the edl. While all of those were stuck with as domestics foreigners we do not have to indulge. If he wants to come over and gob off let him, if he's got the coin to pay for it.

Freedom of speech and expression dead in the UK is it? Muslims calling the shots these days?

As andygardener so elegantly put it:

Terry will clearly be causing a bit of a rucus if he comes to the UK which will have direct costs to the British people who are if you haven't noticed a tad skint. So if Terry feels the need to come and say those things in the UK rather than in his homeland (where he has the freedom to say whatever he likes under the 1st amendment so freedom of speech is not the issue) then it's only fair that he, rather than us taxpayers, foots the bill for security.

In the current economic climate I'm getting a tad tired of seeing money ****** up the wall on marches and demos from everyone from students to islamists to the edl. While all of those were stuck with as domestics foreigners we do not have to indulge. If he wants to come over and gob off let him, if he's got the coin to pay for it.

The Muslim M.J.Scuba, started this, but didn't dare call the shot, so i'd have to say no, because he's just inciting trouble as usual. He, in my opinion wants him to come, then it'd support his general claims of this country (i'd give quoted evidence but it's all been removed).

Anyway...

When Terry Jones did what he did, I thought it was brilliant, because as I said, it highlighted the hypocrisy of the vocal Islamic extremists! But I also bet that he'd be persuaded to amend his ways, obviously somewhat reasonable.

P.S. My bet was with a devout Muslim lad, and it was only a sportsman's bet anyway because deep down he agreed that he'd not go through with it!

No as I said, it is against the law to incite religious hatred here in the UK.

A minority of your Muslims are doing that to themselves already. Suicide bombs in Stockholm partly due to a cartoonists drawing of Mohammed being the latest

Dont these people understand that by reacting so violently as they do that they are earning the hatred and loathing of people in these countries who are accustomed to living in democracies and worse still bringing disrepute down on to the heads of law abiding Muslims because it's the minority that always manages to damage the majority by their actions in the end.

Freedom of speech and expression dead in the UK is it? Muslims calling the shots these days?

The only people calling the shots are the Government.

Jones shouldn't be banned, just like Wilders shouldn't have been. Let him come, spout his bile and try to defend his point of view.

I would have thought that we would have learned by now that banning extremists plays into their hands. Arguing against their odious point of view is the correct response, not sticking our fingers in our metaphorical ears and pretending that we can't hear the nasty man.

Someone send Theresa May a link for Youtube. She could watch Nick Griffin getting shredded by a representative sample of the British public.

If you believe in the principle of freedom of speech then you have to accept that it applies equally to people you don't agree with as to people you do agree with. Or in answer to the question, no he shouldn't be banned but if he breaks any laws (like incitement to racial hatred) he should be arrested.

Not coming to do anything illegal then?

Neither was that Dr Naik geezer who was coming to the Sheffield Arena, but he got banned didn't he? Why do you feel that this guy should be allowed in, is it because he is a non muslim?

Archived