Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

he did burn it after some crackpot mock trial he did. but that's besides the point. the point, like i said earlier, is nothing to do with law, or what's legal. it's to do with what's 'responsible', what's 'right'.

there are many things that are legal to do but you don't do them, for the same reason.

it's not illegal for the Phelpses to go picket funerals but it's wrong. it's not illegal for those nuts who did the same here in the name of Islam but it's wrong. the same applies.

So what's the solution? ? ? A person commits an act that is irresponsible and despicable yet is not unlawful What do we do? You cant put him in prison since he's commited no crime and peer pressure doesn't work.

Obama and Bill Gates (US secretary of Defense) contacted Jones personally and asked him not to do it. General Petraeus also commented on the foolishness of burning the book but Jones in his dementia apparently went ahead anyway.

I dont know the answer how to deal with people like Jones and Phelps.

Maybe both of them will go far enough one day that some enraged person willl

take care of them permanently.

So what's the solution? ? ? A person commits an act that is irresponsible and despicable yet is not unlawful What do we do? You cant put them in prison since they've commited no crime and peer pressure doesn't work.

Obama and Bill Gates (US secretary of Defense) contacted Jones personally and asked him not to do it. General Petraeus also commented on the foolishness of burning the book but Jones in his dementia apparently went ahead anyway.

I dont know the answer how to deal with people like Jones and Phelps.

Maybe both of them will go far enough one day that some enraged person willl

take care of them permanently.

I was chatting to a bloke in my local a few hours ago who's son is in Afghanistan and he was very worried about the escalation in violence in that country. He said that the actions of Jones will give radical Islamists further excuse to attack coalition forces and said that Jones should be flown out to Afghanistan to explain his actions to the people in the firing line.

I was chatting to a bloke in my local a few hours ago who's son is in Afghanistan and he was very worried about the escalation in violence in that country. He said that the actions of Jones will give radical Islamists further excuse to attack coalition forces and said that Jones should be flown out to Afghanistan to explain his actions to the people in the firing line.

That wouldn't be a bad idea however under US law that would amount to punishing him for exercising his right to freedom of speech and expression under the First Amendment of the Constitution.

The worst that will happen to Jones is that he will be barred from entering the UK and nothing else unless the widow or mother of a US soldier killed in retaliation for the burning comes rooting for him with a shotgun.

[/b]The worst that will happen to Jones is that he will be barred from entering the UK and nothing else unless the widow or mother of a US soldier killed in retaliation for the burning comes rooting for him with a shotgun.

I hope that doesn't happen Harleyman but surely there's some way that the authorities in the United States can muzzle Jones, his actions have clearly aided and abetted the enemy.

To answer your question NO he should not be banned from coming here.

What reason has he to come here and talk?

I'd agree with you if he was an expert on Islamic culture and terrorism. He's just a nutty preacher with a bit of fame for being nutty. He can't add anything to the debate. Free speech is fine and well, but creating a situation so he can spread his opinion can be done better without flying him into the country.

I hope that doesn't happen Harleyman but surely there's some way that the authorities in the United States can muzzle Jones, his actions have clearly aided and abetted the enemy.

No they haven't, stop abusing the English language. His actions neither aided nor abetted 'the enemy' (whoever you mean by that).

I resent having to defend this man but so many people on here are being ridiculous in the way they think he should be punished for other people choosing to take violent action. He did not aid them in any way, he did not encourage them or express his support for violent acts. He did something which provoked them, they are responsible for their own actions.

To answer your question NO he should not be banned from coming here.

I'd like him to come to the UK to meet the father of a British seviceman I was talking to today, I doubt he'd come back though after listening to what I heard from the servicemans father earlier this afternoon.

If Jones became angered by the burning of the American flag during islamic demonatrations, went out and murdered a couple of innocent muslim to express his anger, would the demonstraters have aided and abetted him?

Archived