Should Terry Jones be banned from the UK

No they haven't, stop abusing the English language. His actions neither aided nor abetted 'the enemy' (whoever you mean by that).

"There's no hope for democracy when ignorance is celebrated" Jones has celebrated his ignorance and the ignorant in Afghanistan are celebrating theirs.

They were done for behaving in a way "likely to cause harassment, harm or distress" were they not.?

Had Jones and his colleague burned the Koran outside a British mosque one would hope and expect that similar charges be brought.

That,s most of the problem!........there was not Mosques in Britain some years ago,if you wanted to come to this country ,you would have had to learn to integrate a lot quicker than people do now!...........instead of hiding behind "Culture and Religion".

That,s most of the problem!........there was not Mosques in Britain some years ago,if you wanted to come to this country ,you would have had to learn to integrate a lot quicker than people do now!...........instead of hiding behind "Culture and Religion".

errrrrrm how long again?

theres been mosques here for a year or two :suspect:

"There's no hope for democracy when ignorance is celebrated" Jones has celebrated his ignorance and the ignorant in Afghanistan are celebrating theirs.

So... any comments on my post, or are you just going to ignore it and try to change the subject?

I resent having to defend this man but so many people on here are being ridiculous in the way they think he should be punished for other people choosing to take violent action. He did not aid them in any way, he did not encourage them or express his support for violent acts. He did something which provoked them, they are responsible for their own actions.

That's just it "they are responsible for their own actions" the sooner they are brought to justice the better. I found the whole incident horrific beyond belief, and one that should be utterly condemed (no excuses)

So... any comments on my post, or are you just going to ignore it and try to change the subject?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39048161/ns/us_news-security/

A US general warned Jones about the consequences of his actions and sadly he's been proven correct. If I turned up outside someones home with a baying mob in the early hours of the morning and told them to burn down the house with them inside because the occupant is a convicted peodophlie would you hold me responsible in any way even though I'd not touched any material which had been used to carry out the arson?

Yeah I would ban him on the grounds that his obvious intention to deliberately insult another faith is likely to cause retribution on British nationals.

Alternatively I would let him travel and then divert the plane to Kabul international airport....

If I turned up outside someones home with a baying mob in the early hours of the morning and told them to burn down the house with them inside because the occupant is a convicted peodophlie would you hold me responsible in any way even though I'd not touched any material which had been used to carry out the arson?

Yes I would, but that's because you would have "told them to burn down the house"

In contrast, Terry Jones did not advocate any violence, he did not tell them to do anything. And he certainly didn't explicitly tell them to go out and kill people, as you did in your hypothetical example.

Besides you are still ignoring my point:

You said that he had 'aided and abetted' the people who violently responded to his actions. In actuality his actions have not given them any aid, and he did not express or even imply support for their actions. You were completely wrong. Any comments, or are you just going to ignore this part of my post like you have done the last two times?

In contrast, Terry Jones did not advocate any violence, he did not tell them to do anything. And he certainly didn't explicitly tell them to go out and kill people, as you did in your hypothetical example.

“We’re concerned that the images from the burning of a Quran would be used in the same way that extremists used images from Abu Ghraib — that they would in a sense be indelible,” Petraeus told NBC’s Brian Williams. “They would be used by those who wish us ill, to incite violence and to enflame public opinion against us and against our mission here in Afghanistan, as well as our missions undoubtedly around the world.”

I agree with General Petraeus, it seems Pastor Jones's actions are getting a violent response.

Archived