The best present anyone has given you?

Mine was a few years ago my hubby bought me a weekend away with him in a top London hotel with Dirty Dancing theatre tickets. It was amazing and couldnt believe he actually went off his own back and booked it all in secret. So much thought had gone into it, it was lovely <3

The best gift I ever received I received only yesterday. As some of you may know, my Granny died in October and for as long as I can remember she has always said once she had gone I could have a necklace of hers I loved. And yesterday it came, and I couldn't stop looking at it.

It wasn't expensive but it holds sentimental value as my Grandpa made it for her many many moons ago. He was a dentist, and he got the idea of a grouse pendant from a pen top, of which he made a mould out of using the plaster from his surgery. He then made the pendant itself using the gold used for the patients fillings. So you can imagine just how precious it is to me, and I will treasure it for the rest of my life.

Archived