The best present anyone has given you?

My OH for my birthday last year, even though we hadn't been together long, bought a photo frame and put a picture of Mark Morriss in one window and a picture of Sam Sparro in the other as he knew I love their music.

Didn't cost much, but the thought that went into it was worth much more than anything else he could have got.

The best I've received...

From my parents, a really slim SEIKO watch on my 18th. Still my only watch 19 years on (and 3 batteries and several straps later).

From my mother in law, an electric/grooming shaver (as they use at barbers/gents hairdressers). Never needed to go get a haircut for years and years (I've stayed fond of the military buzzcut ever since my National Service...so much time & money saved :D)

The best (I think) I've offerred others?

10th Anniversary with my Mrs, whisked her off to Venice for a long weekend, she didn't have a clue until the airplane captain announced the destination on the tannoy. Boutique hotel on small inner canals, boat rides, Vivaldi concert in an old church, the works. Outdid myself a bit on that one, even if I say so myself :D

And paintings (I mean, which I have painted myself) for immediate relatives, one I'm currently finishing for my best friend's 40th (I've made him wait 16 years for it ;))

Archived