Anyone with surname "May"

Hazelmay

My Great Great grandmother and grandfather, Sarah & Henry May, both born in 1840, lived in Pye Bank, Pitsmoor. They had two daughters Caroline and Lily. I don't know if this is any help to you

Hi Crlr,

Sarah and Lily are both common names in my father's family.

I will check the family tree for Sarah and Henry, there may be some connection.

• 6 months later...

Hi there my name is Steven may i'm 26. I'm 27 on 08/12/2011 i was born in Salisbury in 1984 but moved to Sheffield at some point in my life. I've seen your add on here about anyone called may in Sheffield I'm also wanting to find some one with the first name Hazel May. I've been looking for this person for 20years of my life, i know she went to City Grammar School as my adopted mothers told me and you have the same details so if you or anyone know anything will you please let me know, this is a big part of my life that i feel i'm missing out on and would like to know. Thank you.

Hi there my name is Steven may i'm 26. I'm 27 on 08/12/2011 i was born in Salisbury in 1984 but moved to Sheffield at some point in my life. I've seen your add on here about anyone called may in Sheffield I'm also wanting to find some one with the first name Hazel May. I've been looking for this person for 20years of my life, i know she went to City Grammar School as my adopted mothers told me and you have the same details so if you or anyone know anything will you please let me know, this is a big part of my life that i feel i'm missing out on and would like to know. Thank you.

Hi Steven,

My maiden name was indeed Hazel May and I did attend The City Grammar school. (Actually my legal first name is Dorothy, but I have been known as Hazel all my life). I am aged 65 and left Sheffield in 1974 to come to Canada, so if you are looking for your birth mother, I'm afraid I'm not the one.

My nephew has been working on our family tree for some time, so if we can help in any way, let me know.

Archived