Aren't demonstrations a bit last century?

What should we do about large physical demos requiring policing?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about large physical demos requiring policing?

• Demonstrations must always be allowed
    • One off demonstrations are OK, but not a long running series of demos
    • Demos should be allowed only in exceptional circumstances
    • Demonstrations should not be allowed

As in hunting perhaps?

I don't recall any cases of violent demonstrations and riots when hunting was outlawed, but perhaps you can point me towards some?

I remember plenty of violent actions taken against hunters when hunting still was legal. One whom I knew personally ended up in hospital with a fractured skull.

I don't recall any cases of violent demonstrations and riots when hunting was outlawed, but perhaps you can point me towards some?

I remember plenty of violent actions taken against hunters when hunting still was legal. One whom I knew personally ended up in hospital with a fractured skull.

You said "Tory supporters tend to favour the rule of law" and I pointed out that this statement is not true.

Many prominent Tory hunters stated openly, that they would go to jail rather than comply with the law - I wonder why we never heard of the sentences they got.

I agree that the hunters didn't hold violent demonstrations but some of them completely ignored the law and carried on regardless in their illegal pastime.

There is no need to stage violent demonstrations when the law benevolently ignores the fact that you are breaking it.

Here you are

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3656524.stm

Archived