What club night is Sheffield missing?

Nicoracle

A local bands indie night. Arctics, Milburn, Harrison, Rev, Flying Squad, Backhanded Compliments, Book Club, Heebie Jeebies, Kartica, Retrospectives, Section 60, etc etc.

sounds like a monthly night at O2 Academy called Soundclash.

The reason I ask is because when I first moved to Sheffield it had a thriving clubbing scene with people flocking to Sheffield from other towns / cities to go to nights at Bed or Gatecrasher.. It's the home of great parties such as NY Sushi, Urban Gorilla and even Headcharge... What happened?

sounds like a monthly night at O2 Academy called Soundclash.

The reason I ask is because when I first moved to Sheffield it had a thriving clubbing scene with people flocking to Sheffield from other towns / cities to go to nights at Bed or Gatecrasher.. It's the home of great parties such as NY Sushi, Urban Gorilla and even Headcharge... What happened?

I remember those special nights well, the only night that resembles the old nights is Planet Zogg.

Well a combination of venues closing, council not really supporting or helping the night time economy, a fickle crowd and a few other things have made things not as they were.

That said things aren't all bad. Sawa is always good. Plug is still around doing good things. Nocturnal on the right night is as good as anywhere. DQ still does its thing. M-code could be amazing when it opens. Things aren't terrible or as bad as they could be by any stretch.

Archived