What did you do for your 21st birthday ?

grinder

it was 1966 i was 21 got married england won world cup wed got to cup final i watched them loose im a unitedite only cup final ive seen united won at newcastle on cup final day.to celebrate my 21st went to a strip club to moss side manchester had to pay kids otherwise wheels would have gone. they promised theyd keep other gangs away which they did we had a good night on way back we were stopped by poice but luckily for me mate paul murray he got away with a warning

I went to Charles turnbull, top rank, then for a meal at the Indian resteraunt that used to be next door to west bar bus station. With then husband and parents. We didn't live in Sheffield at the time. I got a video recording machine as my main present, the bees knees, it had a 'remote control'........with a wire connecting it to the machine "top of the range luv"!!.

Got home after a weekend in Sheffield to find I'd left keys in lock on THE OUTSIDE of the front door and the 'top of the range' VHS in middle of lounge floor where I'd left it.

It was 1984, middle of miners strike, we lived in a staunch pit village where EVERYBODY was skinter than skint and on strike, picketing for all they were worth.

We actually lived at the top of the garden of Brenda and dave Nixon, aurther scargills right hand people........aaah, the memories.

Archived