Anyone else panicking over Christmas?

Being a smartarse I thought I'd add a personal touch to the Christmas presents I'm giving this year (and save money!)

To this end, I've decided to give all of my immediate family a personal portrait of themselves. Well ... I only started a week ago didn't I ... big mistake !

By staying awake almost 24 hours a day I've managed to finish six!

Not bad eh? ... well yeah it is! I've still got another ten to go! :gag:

I'm tired and I need sleep!

The other problem is I'm working directly off the computer to do these paintings ... It's so easy to get distracted ... Google's just a click away and I can't help slipping into the forum (thankfully very boring at the mo)

To add insult to injury, I've just managed to leave the house to buy much needed tobacco. Whilst on this emergency dash I popped into the local picture framing emporium to enquire about cost ... £50 a pic!!! (X 16) :o:gag:

I'm beginning to think I should have just dosed myself with librium to allow me to cope with Meadowhell and buy everyone the tat that I know I'll recieve from them!

Anyone else having monumental probs like me? :help::gag:

I just can't get shifted towards Christmas this year I'm afraid. I've got 5 cakes still to marzipan and ice (then pipe icing on afterwards) and a whole load of other baking to do, from biscotti and cookies to stollen with marzipan in.

Other than that I've just got to pop into town and buy a book for my nephew and wrap everything, write cards, get a number of presents into parcels and to the post office and then deliver everything that needs delivering, but I'm really struggling to do any of it to be honest.

You have my sympathies alcoblog.

I just can't get shifted towards Christmas this year I'm afraid. I've got 5 cakes still to marzipan and ice (then pipe icing on afterwards) and a whole load of other baking to do, from biscotti and cookies to stollen with marzipan in.

Other than that I've just got to pop into town and buy a book for my nephew and wrap everything, write cards, get a number of presents into parcels and to the post office and then deliver everything that needs delivering, but I'm really struggling to do any of it to be honest.

You have my sympathies alcoblog.

Jeez!!!! :o ...CARDS!!!! Ta medusa! :gag::)

Archived