Anyone else panicking over Christmas?

I'm just about sorted. Only had one pressie to post and that's on it's way. Posted the cards for abroad and UK. Haven't bought the family cards yet, oops!

I don't have a Christmas cake or biscuits etc. I haven't even finished decorating the living room! I have no Christmas food sorted as yet and i'm skint :hihi:.

But hey, the kids are happy so I am too :D

None, not one single one of the presents I bought online for my family has arrived through the post, although ordered a month ago. I've 6 relatives in Australia who will get nothing from me for Christmas (including my 87 year old mum who won't understand the postal problems and will forever think me an uncaring daughter). I'll have to send expensive flowers and grovelly emails and this is making me panic dreadfully.

Added to this, I have 2 extremely lively foster kittens who I'm trying to keep out of the lounge where the Christmas tree is. As we've an open plan house, this has necessitated a child gate at the top of the stairs, which I have to take down every time the door bell rings and they hurtle after me and create mayhem.

I have a huge pile of marking and assessment to do by Friday when College closes and I can't face it and keep playing online games. I'm going to a Christmas do tonight and know, just know the outfit I bought will make me look like a burst aubergine. I'm going completely mad just want to run away. Help oh help.

Just been in town and it seems everyone is panicking.

I really dont see why people go so mad at Christmas. After all this is just playing in to the retailers hands.

It is much better to give a gift that is made as the OP is attempting to do. I think it means more than just going out and (say) buying a gift voucher.

I really dont see why people go so mad at Christmas. After all this is just playing in to the retailers hands.

It is much better to give a gift that is made as the OP is attempting to do. I think it means more than just going out and (say) buying a gift voucher.

I totally agree. It's crazy that people go mad at this time of year. If only they could take a step back and see the wider picture.

Being a smartarse I thought I'd add a personal touch to the Christmas presents I'm giving this year (and save money!)

To this end, I've decided to give all of my immediate family a personal portrait of themselves. Well ... I only started a week ago didn't I ... big mistake !

By staying awake almost 24 hours a day I've managed to finish six!

Not bad eh? ... well yeah it is! I've still got another ten to go! :gag:

I'm tired and I need sleep!

The other problem is I'm working directly off the computer to do these paintings ... It's so easy to get distracted ... Google's just a click away and I can't help slipping into the forum (thankfully very boring at the mo)

To add insult to injury, I've just managed to leave the house to buy much needed tobacco. Whilst on this emergency dash I popped into the local picture framing emporium to enquire about cost ... £50 a pic!!! (X 16) :o:gag:

I'm beginning to think I should have just dosed myself with librium to allow me to cope with Meadowhell and buy everyone the tat that I know I'll recieve from them!

Anyone else having monumental probs like me? :help::gag:

Here's a tip to speed up your painting task. If the pictures are all of family members there must be some common family likeness or features. Do one standard painting including these common features,make ten photocopies

and then "customise" each one by adding personal details ,beards,moustaches,spectacles,tatoos,large unsightly birthmarks etc.Bingo! ten portraits in a fraction of the time.

Hope this helps. Oh,and stop wasting your valuable time posting on here!

I totally agree. It's crazy that people go mad at this time of year. If only they could take a step back and see the wider picture.

There was Martin lewis on Tv about 2 weeks ago insisting that you dont actually need to buy people presents and to consider before buying whether the people they were buying for actually wanted or needed the present. Even the presenter kate Garroway was incredulous!

Here's a tip to speed up your painting task. If the pictures are all of family members there must be some common family likeness or features. Do one standard painting including these common features,make ten photocopies

and then "customise" each one by adding personal details ,beards,moustaches,spectacles,tatoos,large unsightly birthmarks etc.Bingo! ten portraits in a fraction of the time.

Hope this helps. Oh,and stop wasting your valuable time posting on here!

Superb advice teeth of Shane, what a helpful chap you are! :P

As you can see, I've followed your suggestion and stopped posting on here. :rolleyes::help:

Archived